Swollen toes

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Swollen toes

I have swollen toes and what look like bruises at the tips of the toes.  My shoe are not tight.  What could this be?  I also have a unresolved itchy rash all over my body - mostly on my back and thighs.  Not sure if these are related.
There are many causes for toe swelling but if there is any purple discoloration or bruise like marks then vascular deformity should be ruled out. When blood does not reach properly from the leg veins to the heart, it results in the accumulation of blood in the defective veins. Other than that, infection, cellulitis and allergic reaction should also be thought of.

You should get it evaluated from a physician.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.