Dermatology Expert Forum
Syringomas

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Syringomas
After going to the dermatologist for several noticable bumps under my eyes, I was told they were "syringomas".  I am only 29 and I am very bothered by them.  I notice they are getting bigger and smaller ones are also coming up.  I was told the only possible treatment is "electrodessication".  I had this done on one of the smaller bumps and there was no change.  I am unfortunately left with a puffy area around the bump from the injection to numb the area.  Is there any other methods of removing them? I understand that they may reappear, but they have certainly made me self-conscious.  thanks.
Truth is, there aren't any really terrific ways to remove them.  I prefer electric needle burning ("desiccation"), though it may need to be repeated.  Some doctors use carbon dioxide lasers.  Syringomas come back after removal, though not right away.

As for the bump from the injection, I assume a blood vessel burst and left swelling.  This last a few days, but always goes away.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff