THICK AND ITCHY SKIN
I have about three spots on my skin that have thickened. They are very small areas; two areas on my left arm and one area on my left leg. If I poke the spots, I can't feel anything. But the areas are often itchy. In fact my skin in general is always very itchy. These spots that eventually turn into thick skin start off bumpy and the bumps are filled with a watery liquid. After a while, the skin hardens. One area has been that way for years and the skin beneath it is fiber like. There is no elasticity to that part of the skin, the part that thickens.

I would really like to get a better idea of what this could be. Why I have three areas, small areas where my skin has thickened and why my skin is itchy almost all the time? It feels like a constant rash that won't go away.

I would be so grateful if someone could lead me in the right direction regarding this issue. It's been a serious irritation for years.  

i think what has happened here is that due to the chronic itching which has happened in the mentioned sites, a reaction from the body has taken place. This is called as Lichenification and occurs due to the development of excessive keratin on the surface of the skin due to constant scratching and itching which leads to thickeneing and since keratin is dead tissue, one does not feel anything.

The whole process may be linked to the chronic itching/rubbing/friction which has lead to the present condition: lichenification/eczema.

I think what is needed, is to find the cause of the itching and the lesions ans thereafter remove the cause. Usually this may be an allergen/trigger which causes the itching. There may be other reasons too, such as stress and slow blood flow.

I would suggest that you use anti-itching drugs which are available OTC and keep the area clean and hygienic. A dermatologist would also help by prescribing steroid applications to help with the eczema/lichenification.

let me know your thoughts and if you may have any queries for us.

best regards