TINY RED DOT ON LIP

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

TINY RED DOT ON LIP

I have this very very tiny red dot on my upper lip that has been there for 6 months or so.  I think it came after I had a pimple there and when the pimple went away the red dot stayed.  If i press on it it turns the color of my skin.  it's maybe the size of the tip of a needle.  Seems like a broken blood vessel or something - how can I get rid of this?  It certainly won't pop and it's been here for 6 months?  HELP?!

This seems to be cherry angiomas, from the description that you give, though nothing can be said with surety without having a look at the lesions.
Cherry angiomas are benign , fairly common skin growths that vary in size. They can occur almost anywhere on the body but usually develop on the trunk.

They are most common after age 40. The cause is unknown. Although painless and harmless, cherry angiomas may bleed profusely if injured.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_angioma

Cherry angiomas generally do not need to be treated. If they are cosmetically displeasing or prone to bleeding, angiomas may be removed by surgery, freezing (cryotherapy ), burning (electrosurgery/cautery), or laser.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.

Well i've looked up CHerry Angiomas and it seems to be bigger and more pronounced than this. this is literally the size of a pin and a light red (opposed to dark red) and also changes to my skin color when i push it.

how can i get rid of it?

This could be blood blisters.

Blood blisters should also be left to heal naturally. As with other blisters, if a blood blister bursts it is important to keep the area clean and dry, and protect it with a sterile dressing to prevent infection.

Blood blisters are often painful, and you may wish to apply an ice pack to the area immediately after the injury that caused it. You should apply the ice pack for between 10 and 30 minutes. The ice should not touch your skin directly as this may cause a cold burn, so place a towel over the injured part first.

Even when popped as described above, a blister can become infected, Staph aureus infections being most common. Blisters that have become infected can be treated with antibiotics prescribed by your GP. '

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blister

It would be best to consult a doctor if it does not resolve on its own in a few days.

Regards.
I have the same red dot on my upper lip on the left side! It is super tiny but BRIGHT red. My lips are sooo pale that you can see it. Well no one notices it but I do and I want it gone. I scratched it really hard and it started bleeding really bad. I used to have 1 on my the tip of my nose last year, and after several months...it decided to disappear. Im crossin my fingers that this one will do the same. I have it for 3 months now. Hopefully time will help it disappear like the old one on my nose. Im definitely not over 40 so I dont know if its that cherry thing listed above, but hopefully it will be the "nose" situation for you and me both this time! Good luck!

I peeled my lips when it was so dry till bleeds. when it heals, it leave a tiny black spot on my lip! i hate it so much and its looks awful to me. I want to get rid of that black spot. what should i do? please help.

kirsche
i also peeled my lips when they were really dry and dehydrated now i have this dark spot/ patch on my lips. i want to know if it will ever go away or am i stuck with it for life???