Tan that won't go away!!
Hi!
I went tanning at the beach about two years ago and I got a burn on the upper half of my chest. There wasn't anything unusual about the burn- it was red, dry and itchy for a few days- and after some cold showers and tons of aloe vera it eventually peeled and turned into a tan. But it hasn't faded! I still have a tan line across my chest from two years ago! Is this something I should be worried about?! Or is it just because that part of my body usually gets minimal amounts of sun exposure so it hasn't had a chance to fade?!

Thanks!!
It can be due to dermatitis skin or hyperpigmentation skin. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton clothes. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I have had a similar problem, I am rather fair skinned but I did get some sun last year on a trip out west, the tan lines are still there, a year later, similar to you, on my chest and shoulders.  I have not found an answer to this issue either.  :(  I don't like it, I feel like I will never pretty even toned skin, can go strapless, I always have the strap tan lines now.  
Hi, did they ever go away and did you ever find a separate cause? Im asking because my girlfriend has had really noticeable tan lines on her back since visiting florida over 4 months ago. She has not tanned or spent much time with that area exposed to sun, however the tan has not faded. Now she is worried it might be a bigger problem but i can't find any information on what causes a tan to not go away after 4 months. I would really appreciate any help since she does not want to go see a doctor. thanks