Tea tree oil for Keloid scars?
Many people who get keloids from ear/nose piercings use tea tree oil to shrink them and eventually they fall off or fade away. I was wondering if tea tree oil can be used on keloid scars NOT growing outward from the skin, as in keloid scars on your shoulders and back. They are more flat and less ball-like compared to piercing keloids that can easily fall off. Would it shrink? Would it make it worse and grow?
anyone?
There is no medical evidence of decrease in the size of keloids by using tea tree oil. There are several treatment options available for the keloid treatment like mederma (allium cepa), natural treatments like mucin from the snail helix, moist wound dressings made of silicone gel which decreases the prominence of keloid scar over sometime, steroid injections, compression bandages, cryosurgery, and radiation & laser therapy. Surgery can also be done but the recurrence rate is up to 50% and the recurrent scar which develops is actually much bigger in size. Remember that no treatment is 100% effective in the case of keloids.  

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.