Telogen Effluvium

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Telogen Effluvium

My hair started shedding at the beginning of June, as a result of telogen effluvium.  Is it safe to color/highlight my hair.  I have been a little to nervous to do so over the last couple of months, but it desperately needs to be highlighted.
Telogen effluvium is characterized by excessive and early entry of hairs into the telogen phase.It is a reactive process caused by a metabolic or hormonal stress or by medications.It can even be mediated by allergic contact dermatitis of the scalp.In my opinion you should not use the hair color till the symptoms resolve because it may lead to worsening of symptoms.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.