Tenderness on Thigh skin on one leg only

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Causes and symptom for tenderness without bruises or any visual injury.

This discussion is related to tender skin.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi.

Tenderness may be due to an underlying swelling of glandular structures or inflammation of subcutaneous tissues as in the case of breast tenderness which may be due to hormonal changes. This may not show any visible changes in the breasts but palpation of the breasts may elicit pain. Lipoma for instance may present with tenderness without showing any visible changes on the surface of the skin. Inflammation or infections within underlying tissues and organ structures may elicit tenderness or referred pain on the surface but the area appears to be perfectly normal.

Do you have a similar condition? If yes, where is the pain or tenderness located?
I have very sore skin tender to the touch with no aparent bruising or any other sign of damage on my left hip area.  I noticed this about three days after I had a colonoscopy...and the pain is getting worse. It kind of burns a little deeper now.  It's driving me crazy, no one seems to have a name for this thing.
I am having this issue around my right hip, up my back, down my leg, and around the front of my thigh(near my crotch).  I am a 27 y/o male with no health issues and have never had anything like this before.  I don't have any bite marks, haven't changed any products I use, or eaten anything strange in a long time.  
But my skin is tender, and hurts.  Hurts more when I touch it or my clothes or a blanket rubs me.  And I don't have any rashes or any other symptoms.  What gives!?  Its been about half a week now and I am dying to know if anyone has a clue about this.  Keep us posted.
Corey
I had the tender skin on my thigh which lasted about 4 - 5 days. I have had it before and it always seem to come during a time where my resistance is low or I have a cold or sinus problem or fever. I dont know what exactly what causes it but I believe it has something to do with infections in my body or inflamation (inflammation). It seems to clear up when my health is better. I took some Air Bourne for my cold and after 3 or 4 days I was better and my tenderness went away  
Rose
You are talking about neuritis of lateral cutaneous nerve of thigh.Sure is commoner with low resistance,diabetes.B12 helps.
I am having the same sort of thing but it affects both of my thighs. Are you still having this? Did you ever find out what it was?
This just started with me today, about 2hrs ago! My dear god! What is it? What's wrong??? :(
My right leg, over my knee and to the side hurt. I tried just touching it slightly with my index finger. It felt like my skin is burning. I thought I was tripping out!!! But it's real. I'm laying in bed now, trying not to move.my silk pajama pants irritate my leg if I move. I'm now reading and researching. It's crazy. What is it? I don't know. I have R.A. And today I had blood taken out for testing. Ok
Freaking out and still searching..... Sorry dont know what this is. It hurts I hate it :/
Oh and there's no visible bruising, redness, rash. For that matter I know I haven't hurt myself either. It's unexplainable  
Allodynia & Fibromyalgia Pain

Is your skin painful to touch? A symptom that perplexes a lot of us is allodynia. That's what it's called when mild pressure from clothing or gentle massage causes pain. A lot people describe allodynia as similar to a bad sunburn.

Allodynia is a fairly rare type of pain -- other than FMS, it's only associated with a handful of conditions, including neuropathy, postherpetic neuralgia (shingles) and migraine. Allodynia is believed to be a hypersensitive reaction that may result from the central sensitization associated with FMS. The pain signals originate with specialized nerves, called nociceptors, that sense information about things like temperature and painful stimuli right from the skin.

Allodynia comes in 3 forms:

Tactile, which is pain from touch or gentle pressure
    Mechanical, which is from something moving across your skin
    Thermal, which is pain from heat or cold that's not severe enough to damage tissues

Some drugs that work for some people with allodynia include:

Tramadol
    Lidocaine
    Ketamine
    Morphine
    Venlafaxine  

ome people also get relief from topical pain creams (capsaicin, Tiger Balm, Aspercreme, BioFreeze). Paying close attention to the way you dress can help alleviate allodynia as well.

If you have allodynia, massage therapy may make it worse. If you feel other aspects of your health would benefit from massage, be sure to discuss allodynia with your doctor and massage therapist and keep track of how treatments impact this symptom.
Painful Paresthesia & Fibromyalgia

Paresthesias are odd nerve sensations that can feel like crawling, tingling, burning, itching or numbness. Sometimes, these sensations can be painful. Paresthsias are also associated with peripheral neuropathy, chemotherapy drugs, multiple sclerosis and migraine.

Many common FMS treatments can help alleviate paresthesia-related pain, including selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs). Some people also have good luck with vitamin B12, capsaicin cream, massage and acupuncture.
I have tenderness in one leg which is my right leg but the sensitive an tenderness feeling is only in the back of my leg from the top to the bottom of my feet an pain shoot through it every 10 to 15 mins. I get this all the time but it be months befor it even comes back. sometimes its in myhands an arms bt when ever it it happens nothing can't touch it or rub agains it an if something cold touches it really HURTS AN ACHES i would really like to find out what's going on
yes
Possible that your nerve is getting compressed or there is poor circulation to your leg. You may see http://dynamicnaturesite.blogspot.com/2009/11/skin-sensitive-to-touch-tender-skin.html for further info.