Terrible Sunburn on My Face, Bad Peeling and Bleeding.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I went to the beach the other day, and sadly neglected to put sunscreen on my face/nose. Long story short, I was 'blessed' with a sunburn. It soon turned into a tan, but my nose was still red from sunburn. Around two days ago, it began to peel, I picked at it because I didn't like the way it looked and felt. I went home that night and washed the dead skin off with a washcloth and soap, although there was some pain, my nose was then tan-- I was happy!

But yesterday it began to peel again, this time my nose was becoming more and more red. Now, it will not stop peeling to the point where if I pick at it, it bleeds a little. I tried washing my face in hot water with a washcloth, and I tried to get it off with soap again, this only took off some dry skin. I don't know what to do. Not only is this an eyesore, but I'm in pain. I put a band-aid on my nose, will that help the skin heal faster? How long will it take? Is it really that bad to pick at the peeling skin? What can I do to get rid of the peeling skin?

Thank you so much for your time, I'm sorry if this is silly; it's my first time here and I'm desperate.
For sunburn on the nose, apply cool compresses on the area and take bath with cool(not very cold) water. Do not scrub your skin or shave your skin and use a soft towel and gently pat your skin dry. Also use a sunburn Over-The-Counter remedy containing aloe vera and a light moisturizer or a dusting powder to relieve chafing. You can apply silver sulfadiazine (1% cream) on the skin except face and see if it helps. If the symptoms still persist then you should consult a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.