Dermatology Community
Terrible Sunburn on My Face, Bad Peeling and Bleeding.
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Terrible Sunburn on My Face, Bad Peeling and Bleeding.

I went to the beach the other day, and sadly neglected to put sunscreen on my face/nose. Long story short, I was 'blessed' with a sunburn. It soon turned into a tan, but my nose was still red from sunburn. Around two days ago, it began to peel, I picked at it because I didn't like the way it looked and felt. I went home that night and washed the dead skin off with a washcloth and soap, although there was some pain, my nose was then tan-- I was happy!

But yesterday it began to peel again, this time my nose was becoming more and more red. Now, it will not stop peeling to the point where if I pick at it, it bleeds a little. I tried washing my face in hot water with a washcloth, and I tried to get it off with soap again, this only took off some dry skin. I don't know what to do. Not only is this an eyesore, but I'm in pain. I put a band-aid on my nose, will that help the skin heal faster? How long will it take? Is it really that bad to pick at the peeling skin? What can I do to get rid of the peeling skin?

Thank you so much for your time, I'm sorry if this is silly; it's my first time here and I'm desperate.