There is an odd patch of red skin on my arm.
I have had this odd looking patch of red skin on my arm for as long as I can remember, except it wasn't present when I was born. It's located on the right side of my lower arm and it is about the size of my thumb. To me it looks like a cluster of red dots that, from far away, look like a large red spot. From a certain angle they are a little higher than my normal skin, but they feel smooth. My personal doctor said that they are broken blood vessels, but I highly doubt that. Wouldn't they have gone away after about five years? Anyways, I was wondering what they might be. I tried to do a self diagnosis (over the internet) and I thought that they were, perhaps, port wine stain? I would love to hear some feedback.
A port wine stain is a vascular birthmark consisting of superficial and deep dilated capillaries in the skin which produce a reddish to purplish discolouration of the skin. It is no use trying any creams on these kind of birth marks and it shows good to excellent response using Ruby, Alexandrite or ND YAG lasers. Multiple treatments are required to eliminate the collections of pigment cells seen deep in the dermis.

I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.