Thick Ingrown Hair
Hi, for several years now like about 5 or so i have been experiencing ingrown hair issues, I dont really know what is the reason but i know my hair grows curly on my face and sticks back on the skin causing bumps and redness on my face. Also i could notice sometimes this hair is really think and strong almost like a needle. I like the facial hair and would not like to remove it permanently what should i do, please help.
For ingrown hair, apply warm compresses and keep the area clean. Other treatment options include shaving in a different direction, tweezing, exfoliating with facial scrubs, sponges, towels or creams containing acid and ibuprofen or other NSAIDs. Topical application of dilute glycolic acid and salicylic prepared solutions are also helpful. You can consult a dermatologist and discuss these treatment options with him.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.