Thickenning of the SKin around cut, lump

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hi, I think about two years ago I got a cut on the back of my thumb. This cut on directly on the middle joint of the thumb. The cut healed, but the cut turned into a lump. It is very annoying and I would like to get rid of it.

The same type of cut happened on my pinky about a month ago. It was right on the folds of the skin of the pinky joint. I looks like that skin is starting to grow on that area too. YIkes!!!
What should I do?
Some people develop this sort of scar tissue. Ask your doctor to make sure that that's what it is.
From the symptoms the possibility of keloid forming is high. The other possibility is of a hypertrophic scar. Hypertrophic scars are not dangerous and improve with age but keloid scars can itch or become irritated if they grown in size and show some rubbing with the clothes. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist and take a second opinion to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.