Thin Damaged Skin after Steroid Use

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Thin Damaged Skin after Steroid Use

In high school I was prescribed a topical steroid for severe eczema around my nose. I was living in a foreign country, so the steroid warnings were lost in translation. After some consistent use, I noticed deep grooves worn into the skin where the steroid was applied over time. The skin is certainly thinner, prone to flushing and sensitive to the sun, as well as other skin products. I have read that such damage is reversible, and that is irreversible. My doctor has told me to be patient, but I haven't seen any improvement. If it is reversible, how should I go about rebuilding this skin and promoting regeneration and healing? It has been around six years since I stopped the steroid and the condition has not changed. Thank you!