Thumb Cracking

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Thumb Cracking

About a month ago I thought I cut my thumb. It was very sore so i keptit covered with a band-aide. I thought it was healed so I left the band-aide off but the skin cracked again. It's a spot the size of a pencil eraser and it won't stop cracking. Can you tell me what is causing this?
The thumb cracking can be due to non healing of the wound.Keep it open as superficial wounds heal more in the open.Also clean it twice-thrice a day with a topical antiseptic and apply some Neosporin or Bactroban on the wound.

If the symptoms persist then pls take antibiotics,As they are available on prescription,so pls consult your PCP for that.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.