I'd feel like a complete fool if I visited a doctor with this problem, but it's making me nuts!
About 25% of my thumbnail is never smooth and it grows slower than the other 75%.
I use a high quality file to reduce the nail so it looks normal. The rough edge catches
on fabric and it's very painful. (Many women have long nails, but I am male and my
nails have always been short.)
There is absolutely no evidence of nail fungus.
I found this thumbnail jpeg. The area enclosed with a square is the damaged part of
my nail. (I never reduce my nail to the skin, like this image.)
I've asked several pharmacists if there anything that might help besides all the chemicals
for nail fungus. Because I carefully file my thumbnail, it never looks uneven. If I don't
use a file for a couple of days the rough edge gets worse and I must cover the nail with
Is there any product I can buy that might resolve this problem?
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.