Dermatology Expert Forum
Tight Skin and cracking on penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Tight Skin and cracking on penis
I am a larger man, and my penis, when flaccid, the head "retreats" into the shaft skin, like pulling a turtleneck up over  your head.  I am circumcized, and it is not foreskin.  when I become erect, my penis is much larger than what it is when I am flaccid.  Recently, I have noticed some growth in length and girth due to weight loss.  However, i have now formed cracks in the skin that rip open any time i get erect.  these cracks are right where the skin folds over when I am flaccid, and when i am erect, that area of the skin is extremely tight, and then while having intercourse will crack and rip open, sometimes bleeding.  I have tried neosporin and refraining from sexual activity for a period of time, but it still doesn't seem to permanently fix the problem.  as soon as i return to sexual activity, the problem returns.  When it has been close to healing, it leaves almost scars, that are ridged, like when you are in water too long almost, and your fingerprints get ridged.  Is there some sort of cream or lotion that can fix this.  When I am sexually active, lube and protection are used, so I'm not sure what the root cause may be.
I suggest you try over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone ointment twice a day to the affected part of the penis, along with lubrication as you're doing.  If that doesn't solve your problem in 2 weeks, you ought to consult a skin doctor for further advice.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff