Tight skin, looks like elephant skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Tight skin, looks like elephant skin

I just recently noticed that the top of my hands have looked more wrinkled than normal.  It kind of resembles elephant skin.  I am 35,  I smoke and drink, but I never had this problem before.

Has anyone else had this before?  Also, there is some burning/tingling sensation on top of my hands too.  I also read that it could be a result of stress, is this true?

Thanks.
Burning and tingling in the fingertips can be due to diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidism. They can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the tingling is gone or not.

In case the symptoms persist then please consult a neurologist as it can be due to some neurological disorder.  It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Avatar n tn
Thank you for you response, but I wanted to clarify one thing.  The tingling/burning feeling is ontop of my hands and not fingers.