Tinea Versicolor was cured for me.
Guys, I had Tinea Versicolor all over my entire chest, stomach, and back. This was due to excessive tanning. It was very ugly and depressing because I did try to treat it myself for months without any results before consulting a dermatologist. After meeting with him, he prescribed a topical solution known as Loprox. Loprox is expensive as it costs about $100 per bottle at the pharmacy. You are supposed to put it on the infected areas about 30 minutes before you take a shower each day for the first 2 weeks, then just a few times a week thereafter. While I did notice small improvement immediately, it was not until about 5 straight months of consistent treatment before the ugly discoloration was gone. I also stopped tanning completely after I met with my dermatologist. Oh yeah, I was also very rough on my skin in the shower in an attempt to bring new layers of skin to the forefront. I hope this helps for you guys, as I felt the pain for about a year. Just hang in there and make sure you treat it with persistence. Good luck to all.

Frank from Chicago

This discussion is related to Tinea Versicolor.
oh yeah i also ran through 3 bottles of loprox during my 5 months of use... $300 well worth it.
I had tinea versicolor all through high school and into my adult life, I never went to the doctor or swimming because I was embarrassed, I had no idea what it was. It was all over my chest, thighs, back, and arms, it grossed my wife out. I did some research and I thought maybe it was some sort of fungas so I bought some shampoo with selenium sulfide (  i would cover my whole body and let it sit for 15 minutes)  and it started to look like it was working but it smelled horrible, so I would spray my body with athletes foot spray and take baths in tea tree oil and it cleared right up, now I just use tea tree oil soap and it hasnt come back for 5 years.
I get TV when I eat bread or things that have Milk protein in them.  Try changing your diet and see if that helps.  I tend to see it in the summer time when I use my fake tan, I don't really know if I get it in the winter tho.  An Anti fungal clears it up for me and not eating wheat and dairy things.  My doctor says it is ezema, but I do live in the Uk and they don't seem to really care what you have. ha ha!!! I know what it is tho!! Good luck to you all, I know the color of it can be distressing.  It will go, I use Daktarin cream, but the odd color does take awhile to go.