Dermatology Community
Tiny, Small Itchy Blisters around Surgery
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tiny, Small Itchy Blisters around Surgery

4799731?1251099975
I recently had surgery about 4 days ago. I fractured my leg in 3 different places as I jumped off a swing. After the surgery, everything was fine and I was send home after a day. Two days later, I began to notice that my leg began to be extremely itchy. I figured that it was normal since the weather is pretty humid and I'm wearing a sprint. However, the intensity of the itch made me curious to look at my incision. To my surprise, I noticed these little bumps filled with clear fluid. Carefully, I pressed ontop of it and noticed that it popped. I began to unravel the top part of the incision to find that  the area surrounding it was covered in these tiny itchy blisters. In addition, I noticed that it only appears around the incision and no were else. Particularly under those little tapes they put over the wound. I don't know whether these little blisters are an allergic reaction to some type of cream or spray the surgeon used OR something far worse. I'm debating whether or not I should go to the hospital. I just want to see if this is a common side affect. Please, prompt replies would be very useful. Thank you very much!

-Deysi