Tiny, painful bumps on hands only

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Tiny, painful bumps on hands only

I keep getting on and off over the past 5 months tiny, painful bumps on my hands only. Usually on palms, inside finger joints or on fingertips. They are not itchy and are either clear or tiny red bumps smaller than a zit, and are hardly noticeable and only hurt if touched or pressed. Have no idea what they are and neither does my G.P. but he ruled out warts. Any ideas? They feel like a splinter (but are not). Sometimes only 1-2 are present but sometimes 12 appear.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The commonest cause is pompholyx eczema where the smaller vesicles have joined up to form a blister. Other possibilities are erythema multiforme, blistering dactylitis or herpes simplex.  Pompholyx presents as tiny blisters (vesicles) deep in the skin of the palms. My sincere advice is to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist. If it is pompholyx(strongly suggestive), then the treatment lies in antihistaminics, topical and oral steroids and emollients.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you... that was more info than I have hoped for! I will go to a dermatologist for exact diagnosis. Hopefully it can be resolved (I'm 5 months pregnant so not sure if I can take anything in the meantime) soon!
my son-in-law and i had developed the same problem at the same time. he's an IT at the health/science center, so he asked a dermatologist about it.  she asked if he had a drastic change in diet recently. he laughed because our church was in the middle of a 21 day Daniel Fast. she asked "lots of whole wheat, starch and/or sugar?"  he confirmed yes, especially the whole wheat and starches. she said he had a yeast infection in the intestinal tract and recommended eating yogurt or activia to balance out the good/bad bacterias. i started on activia 5 days ago and have already seen a huge difference. the old spots are clearing up and i've not noticed any new ones in the mornings like i had for weeks. hope this helps you too :)
Did you get an answer to this, I have the exact same thing you describe. Tiny dots, some are clear some are red, only hurt when pressed, went to a dermatologist who said they are not warts, they from a virus but didnt say what to do about it and didn't name the virus, they've never cleared up and i've had them for years, though they come and go