Tiny Holes in my hands

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Tiny Holes in my hands

I have a friend who has tiny holes in the creases of his palms and fingers. These little holes will get hardened white tissue in them which he pulls out leaving again a little tiny hole. These holes are in every crease and fold of his palm and fingers which is a cause of embarassment for him. A couple of times it is if the holes have gotten infected under the hardened area but as soon as the protrusion is pulled out the area is fine. Please does anyone know what this could be and how he can treat it? He went to a dermatologist who told him.... put stick deordorant on his hand....I have no idea how that was supposed to help him and it did not. So if anyone knows what this could be please let me know.
Thanks,
It is very difficult to confirm anything without examination but it can be dyshidrotioc eczema, palmar keratosis or Gorlin’s syndrome(chances are less).  Dyshidrotic eczema manifests as small, itchy, fluid-filled blisters. Gorlin’s syndrome is a rare inherited condition characterised by palmar or plantar pits and basal cell carcinomas.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

i have tiny holes in my hand as long as i could remember and mine also build up dead skin inside and hurt i would use a needle to pull out the harden skin inside the hole in my hand that never closes  i have them on the side of my feet aswell i am curious what are they and why do i have them
I have the same holes on my palms, the sides and tips of my fingers and toes and on the ball an and heel of my feet!  When the areas have more wear the holes/pits are more prominant. The spots can easily be seen when my skin is damp.  When there is alot of wear in these areas it is often painful and the skin is shed more often!  What is this? I work in the medical field and have still not been able to find answers! Please say anything that comes to mind about what this could be.
i too suffer from the same condition. these tiny holes in the palm of my hands has been there for many years. sometimes they're more noticeable and irritated, that's when i pull out pretty much any sharp object that i can find and start digging. I do know by now that this only worsens the condition by irritating it more, then it becomes painful. It's so frustrating trying to remove this, i don't even know what to call it, i guess an ingrown hand callus. There, here's the diagnosis! An ingrown hand callus. LOL! Well, my advise would be not to dig it out or irritate it in any way. The best thing that works for me is rubbing some really good, thick lotion on it. I've also used my pedicure callus remover to gently scrape off some of the dead skin, then lotion it down really good.
   I have same problem pin size holes in creases of my hands. One of these holes grows dead skin and is more inflamed than the rest.  Went to doctor and he couldnt give me good explanation just gave me couple pills for infection. Inflamation (inflammation) stoped but came right back. Im really glad to hear Im not the only personin the world with this problem. But theres got to be a good explanation why we are having these problems.
Keratosis punctata of the palmar creases
I had this problem for years, on my hands and feet I've tried many different things and have found one that worked for me so her it goes....
Every night I soak my feet and hands for 30min in a mixture:
4 cups warm water
1 cup vinigar
4 tablespoons salt
4 tablespoons bleach
Watch out with the bleach don't overdue it. You should adjust the bleach to your skin sensitivity.  Try and keep your hands dry the rest of the day. Don't keep them closed and sandals for your feet. Durring the day I apply -EQUATE ATHLET'S FOOT- cream to my hands (I scrape the liable off so I won't get any strange looks and this one doesn't have a smell so no one will notice) apply like you would lotion. I don't know why this works but it does I tried literally everything, I wrote down what worked and what didn't and this did. So good luck

PS. Once you see that everything has cleared up do Not stop the prosses keep it going for another month or two to make sure it clears up for good, if you don't it will return and you will have to start prosses over again.  :)
Thats crap... It is already dry, y dry my hand even more. I have the same problem. Does anyone know where this problem comes from...
i dont know wats wrong with my hands. It seems like i have these small bumps or holes on the tips of my fingers and appear more when my hands are dry. once each hole or bump disappears, the area around it tends to dry up or chap like crazy! i think it might b an allergic reaction to hand soap
this seems similar to a problem I have that I cant seem to diagnose/
I too have a small hole in the crease of my index finger, at the base crease above my palm.
Years ago I got ahold of whatever was in there and pulled it out- I looked like a single root or something.
Now after years as a bike mechanic its irritating me again and now its swollen making the base of my index finger much larger than it should be. So beneath the hole in my hand is what feels like a BB or something. At first I alawys thought this was probably scar tissue, but now IDK.
I would have been convinced that what I have is the same as what everyone else is describing except noone else has mentioned having a hard spot under the hole that feels liek a BB
I have the EXACT thing on my ring finger in the bend of it. It HURTS so bad!! Not itchy whatsoever. I have looked at all kinds of pictures of what others have called this, and it is not what mine is. When I have puled one out of mine before, I though it resembled (felt like a stick..(what I call it, however it was very light in color, almost a pale yellow, hard) I would LOVE to find out what this is and what in the world to do about it!!
I have a similar bump with a hole in the center. The bump is a 0.10 of an inch more or less and the hole is .030 of an inch. It is on the thumb side of my index finger at the first joint. It is painful at times and very sensitive when I am turning a key in a lock or turning a switch because the key or switch is between the bump and my thumb when I turn them, putting pressure directly on the bump.

I use nail clippers to cut the bump off at skin level (yes that is painful) which makes the hole much easier to see. It just grows back. I have squeezed a small amount of dead skin (I suppose) from it a few times. Under magnification it looks like a volcano.

I sure would like to find out what it is and a way to permanently get rid of it.
  Nice to see your recommendation of how to get out of this disgusting hand problem,
I have prepared mentioned ingredients to try from today..any news i must come back and recommend too.
Sam Malisa - Zanzibar Tanzania (***@****
I made an account just to say THANK YOU. that is exactly what I have I am sure of it. I have wondered since I was a child what this was. no one I knew had it on them and I always wondered... not even our family doctor knew so I stopped asking doctors. Thank you SO MUCH. I would hug you if I could. lol guess I cant blame aliens anymore lol. I even have them on my wrist, that's actually where it started on the creases of my wrist. I did not get them on my palms until I was 30.
I am experiencing the same issue.I didn't see anyone mention that they have this on multiple fingers. It's almost as if it travels Index finger on left hand second joint down from the top is where it began. Then on the middle finger, same hand and joint. Then Thumb on right hand crease of top joint, and now top joint crease on ring finger of right hand.

Also, I've noticed that on the first two infected areas, it almost appear as if it's multiple "hole potential" areas immediately around the trouble spot. In addition, it almost looks as if it's two holes sharing one growth?

Lastly, I noticed that these spots, when you pull the little "pit" out (and yes it does look like a little tail on it or stick as was mentioned), for me the removed "skin" grows back almost immediately. Like I've picked the pit out, where I can see a very pronounced hole. Then within minutes, the whole isn't as pronounced. I have trouble bending my fingers in these areas, and it  is painful as the skin grows back. Oh one more thing. It appears that the pit, grows out and in a thin line right across the crease of my finger. Sometimes when I pick it, the little spine of the pit has very little hairs or tentacles. It's creepy. I do feel a little lump under some, but not all of these spots. VERY LAST THING. For the most recent one (Ring Finger Right hand), I felt a little pain in that area, BEFORE the nasty pit showed up. I had a sharp pain in my finger, and a few days later. Boom, pit present, skin getting hard and crusty, and the ability to bend at that joint diminished.

ANY UPDATES?
I first used to get them on my chest in my early 20s... they stopped but left 3 scars. Now 20 years later I have all these little holes in the creases of my hands with the hard little cone in the center. Usually wont have but one at a time but when it goes away another one developes immediately in another hole. Its painfull. Not the worst pain in the world but pretty annoying because I work a physical job using my hands. This creeps me out majorly. I thought I was alone!
Sorry it wasnt my chest but it was the back side of my left arm near my armpit.... didnt mean to say chest.... but as I said they left scars
I have these tiny holes also which sometimes cause pain have no idea wat they are nor do the doctors and skin specialist all have different ideas. At the moment I am using bazuka gel which seems to be working some of the holes have near enogth disappeared.warning This stuff has acid in so be careful with it.  I now do not have to sit down with a pin digging out the hard crustation that comes out. Hope this helps you.
I noticed a hard bump like thingamajig first in my left palm on a line. It was very sore. After letting it annoy the crap outta me for quite awhile I dug and squeezed the little rascal and then there was the little hole. It was sore for a short time following my at home procedure but it soon returned. I repeated the process and the results were the same. FINALLY I decided to ignore it and that was hard. But ignoring it was the BEST thing. Today it's gone and has been for more than a year and another appeared has stopped to annoy me. I've decided to ignore it anticipating the same result. NO MORE...which is what i suggest. Leave it be and it will go away bit the little scar will always remain.
this is the answer. its a build up of dead skin. the bottom of the hole is where your first layers of skin should be.  

SOLUTION : I bought a cheap pair of cloth gloves (not to big). Now dig out white hard seed and scrape around outside dead skin making area flush. This will increase bending motion. make sure hand is soaked to the point where area is soft and very white. grease hand with Vaseline and fill hole with it. bend hand in opposite direction of normal bend much as possible (skin will stretch and suck in Vaseline). Make sure hole is compacted with grease. what happens is water sits in hole along with natural salt from body and extremely dries hole faster (that's the BB feeling). while that's happening your skin is still healing around a ball of dry skin. Basically, you need keep that hole moist until it catch's up with other skin. If you let it get hard............... start over. I work with my hands so I use the cloth gloves to hold grease. please remember when skin is water-wet healing takes longer, when greased, it is easy to collect dirt which builds dead skin If not watched. Our body heals itself, we just think it happens over night
ive had them for years and if your always working your hands its not much you can do, i took it easy on my hands the best i could and now their going away they come from bending your fingers or gripping/grabbing things thats why if you notice the little pin holes or in the cracks of your hand/fingers and theirs a seed a ball of dead skin once you dig into it the trick is every time that seed/dead skin try's to grow back in you have to pluck it back out and soon it will not grow back, but if its the tiny hole with no seed the best thing you can do is try not to work it or bend it so much and it will slowly go away, hope this helps
I have exactly the same problem as you do I once was able to push it out by digging in the hole with a needle but now it has returned even bigger n I have a ball I guess with more of what I pushed out