Dermatology Community
Tiny Pin Pricks on Arm?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tiny Pin Pricks on Arm?

Recently my skin had been dry due to rainy weather and harsh soaps, I've been scratching a lot like a mad man and I've noticed that there are little red dots popping up where I've scratched but they stay even after the scratches have been healing!

Some say it's cherry angiomas since some are dome shaped but teensy, and there are some which I think have "shrunk" I don't know but they're way too small but still visible to the naked eye to tell if they're the same thing.  I used the glass test and some blanch a little while some don't which confuses me. I thought maybe they were too small to blanch further.

It's appeared nowhere so far but my arms and in places I definitely remember scratching but recently one tiny tiny -tiny- dot appeared in my palm area just slightly above the wrist. I'm really concerned because it's the -palm- area. This tiny (smaller than one granule of pepper, powder sized) dot blanches out completely it seems. But okay, now I've grown concerned.

I've been told it's a symptom of leukemia??? But I'm not tired, neither have I had any infections or fevers in several years. What's going on...I'm so scared.
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
These can be small petechiael spots. They are pinpoint-sized red dots under the surface of the skin.They are common after viral infections. They should go away in a few days.But if they persist then please consult a physician and get other causes ruled out.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Blank
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979