Tiny Red Dots on hands

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Tiny Red Dots on hands

I have very very tiny red dots on the back of both hands, one on each. They are in the same exact spot on opposite hands and look exactly the same. i have had the one on the right for at least 2 years and just noticed the on the left hand.They dont appear to be any where else on my body. They are not raised nor do they hurt or itch.
Can anyone tell me what they are?
These can be due to lentigo, photodermatitis  or sunspots. They are harmless, flat, discolorations of the skin which usually occur on the back of the hands, neck and face of people older than 40 years of age. They are caused by the skin being exposed to the sun over many years and are a sigh of sun damage. The only way to prevent age spots is to use liberal amounts of sunscreen before the age of forty, avoid the sun, and wear protective clothing. The newest treatment for age spots is an alpha hydroxy acid gel or beta hydroxy acid gel.  Retin-A cream, alpha hydroxyacid peels, and liquid nitrogen therapy are other options.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.