Dermatology Expert Forum
Tiny Red Spot On Face
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Tiny Red Spot On Face

Hi.  I just have a question about something that has appeared on my left cheek just to the side of my nose.  Basically, it is an extremely tiny red spot, almost like a pin-***** size, and it hasn't gone away in weeks.  I also have another smaller fainter one not to far from it.  Could it be a tiny burst blood vessle or something like that?  I'm concerned it could be a sign of skin cancer.  My mother says it looks exactly like the beginning of a beauty mark, because she said she has had the exact same kind of spot that seemed to last forever and eventually turned into a beauty mark.  (not a cancerous mole, just your average run-of-the-mill beauty mark.)  I hope that's all it is.

Also, what about a tiny white bump (in another spot)?  I don't mean a growth, but like a whitehead.  Then again, maybe it is just a whitehead, but please define because I'm not sure if a true whitehead is just the final stage of a pimple that looks full and white (which this isn't) or more like I'm describing, like maybe a little clogged poor which looks white.  I also have two of these in different spots.

Just to give you an idea, I have kind of pale, not very great skin that has a tendency to break out, especially around my neck.  Although I don't tan well, I haven't had a sunburn in years because I'm never out in the sun for long.  Skin cancer does not run in my family.