Tiny bites only on knuckles of fingers
I woke up a couple of days ago with these tiny little bites on or near the knucles of my fingers.  Started out as a couple and each day another one appears.  It's on the inside as well as the outside of my hands and they itch like crazy.  I have not been outside working in the yard, so that is not a factor.  This has happened before and am just curious as to whether this is something that other people have had and what might be the cause.
This could be an allergy or fungal infection of the skin.Contact dermatitis is the name for any skin inflammation that occurs when the skin's surface comes in contact with a substance originating outside the body.
Florists, domestic workers, hairdressers, food preparers, and employees in industry, construction, and health care are the people most at risk of contracting work-related contact dermatitis.
Irritant contact dermatitis (ICD) is the more commonly reported of the two kinds of contact dermatitis, anf is seen in about 80% of cases. It can be caused by soaps, detergents, solvents, adhesives, fiberglass, and other substances that are able to directly injure the skin. Most attacks are slight and confined to the hands and forearms, but can affect any part of the body that comes in contact with an irritating substance. The symptoms can take many forms: redness, itching, crusting, swelling, blistering, oozing, dryness, scaliness, thickening of the skin, and a feeling of warmth at the site of contact.
Treatment is to take anti-histamines and apply Calamine lotion or eucalyptus oil to the affected area.
If there is no improvement then you can apply anti-fungal ointments to the area.
ref: http://www.myonlinewellness.com/topic/topic100586656