Tiny black spots on penis head

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Tiny black spots on penis head

I apologize if this is in the wrong area.

Just now I noticed 3 tiny specks, around the hole on the head of my penis, in a triangle formation.

.    .
  o
  .

Something like the above.

Is this cancer? Am I going to lose my penis? I'm a virgin and 20 years old and I'm afraid now.

This discussion is related to black spots on foreskin.
Oh, also, they feel like scabs, like I can almost scratch them off, but I'm not taking any chances.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

In the absence of any sexual activity, this does not sound like an STD .Also, with the way you described the skin condition, this does not seem to be cancer. Cancerous lesions may appear as discolored or hyperpigmented areas. In your case, you have mentioned that the dots are present on the glans (glands) penis and it has shown some scabbing now. You are also young and cancer in this age group is rare especially cancers involving the genitalia which are not very common.

This may be a case of balanitis. Refrain from manipulating the area. Continue to observe the condition. Microscopic evaluation of the scabs may help as this may be fungal infection.
I heard it might just be blackheads, because I work outside (theme park) and it's always hot and I'm always sweating.

The spots are the size of a pin ***** and black, but when i scratch just the spot, not the area around the spot, the spot itself feels like a scab. So I'm thinking it's just blackheads.

I spoke with my parents, it turns out my dad had something like it, except his were like purplish black.
Sorry, I should be more clear.

The spots are tiny as a pinpr*ck (had to censor as it censored the last time).

They are black in color, and when i rub my finger over the head of my penis, the black spot itself feels hard, almost like a scab.

There has been no actual scabbing, sorry for the mixup.

There's 3 of them, right around the urethra (the hole on the head) in a triangle formation.

They aren't really visible unless I squeeze the head.
Ok so I was messing around and using my fingers / nail clippers, i carefully and gently clipped the black top part of the spot off. I think they were blackheads.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This does not sound serious since this has been present for quite sometime and this does not present with evident discomfort, scaling, itchiness or pain. Refrain from manipulating the area. At this point, we can not be sure what these are. They do not sound infectious. Continue to observe these and do not apply any cream or lotions as these may only aggravate the condition.