Tiny blisters on feet and hands

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Tiny blisters on feet and hands

I've been reading a few other comments & questions out there regarding this annoying affliction & wanted to share my experience.  I have had the same condition for 5 years now, first appearing after prolonged use of heavy duty antibiotics due to a post operative dental infection.

Anyway, I think there's a bunch of factors at play.  I'm allergic to bee stings & nickel & have a low level allergy to latex.  Never had eczema thankfully.  I have always been very conscious of not using harsh soaps, detergents or deodorants, so can rule that out of the blister equation.  Even though I get the blisters regardless of how good or bad life is, I'm a definate believer that stress does play a part.  As an example, if I've had a near miss accident in the car (Sydney, Australia - that's a regular thing!) within minutes blisters can appear out of no where.

I've tried the steroid based & a gazillion other creams & medications too, but I can recommend pure LEMON or ORANGE oil, applied regularly.  Cheap, natural & has worked for me.  Doesn't stop the breakouts from happening all together but does clear them up & assist the skin to heal more rapidly.  I've also just started using good old cheap and cheerful Vitamin E concentrate cream, super good for getting skin back to normal.

Hope this helps someone!  It's a buggar of problem - good luck.

This discussion is related to small, subdermal 'blisters'.
There is helpful information on geocities.com/dhr6878 which is a possibility of what you may have
This is in response to the many people out there with the same thing,
I have suffered at the hand of these blisters for 16 years, and have outbreaks from 1 or 2 on my fingers to many hundreds on the souls of my feet to the point my entire soft soul of my feet where covered in them, at the time I put the bad outbreak down to being homeless and put it down to not changing my socks as often as I did,
I have had very small outbreaks of 1 and 2 here and there but when I separated from a partner in 2000 I got them again but not as bad small patches of 20 or 30, and right now as I am having problems at home I have started to get another flair up of them, it started with about 10 or so in a very small group, which people with this know is the worst kind of flair up as it make 1 big blister which is not only itchy as hell but tender to the touch, this is what alerted me that they where back when I pressed the space bar, I have never had it in my mouth and have burst many of the ones on my hands with my teeth, and after you put up with pain of now having holes in your fingers as lets face it when they are popped it leave a deep hole for such a small blister, it dries up in an hour and within 2 days its gone, but if left unpopped it gets bigger and joins with its friends to make a bigger one :(
At the moment it is affecting my Middle finger on my left hand and Thumb on my right hand, I am 99.99% sure in my case this is brought on by stress,
but the origin of it being "Sub dermal Eczema or Dermatitis"  is ****... why do I know this
I gave it to my step dad after I put on his slippers to go outside then when I got back he took them from me and put them on straight away and within a week he had the same blisters, and not having them before or being blood related in any way the ONLY way he could have got them was from me....
Clearly the medical profession doesn't give a rats *** about this unless one of the senior medical staff end up with it then look into its causes and also if it is infectious, I have had 3 doctors tell me its Dermatitis, Eczema and an allergy and as far as food being a cause, I did a detox diet for 3 weeks of eating Juice of Carrot, Tomatoes and oranges and it didn't make a blind bit of difference to my blisters one way or the other,
I have lived with this much longer than most people here and have noticed it mainly through stressful times, either by my immune system being low or the stress itself increases the outbursts but I do believe that this is CONTAGIOUS!!!!