Tiny bubbles under skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Tiny bubbles under skin

It is very hard for me to describe this and after much time googling on the internet I have not found anything that remotely explains my problem so I thought I'd give you a shot at it! On one of my fingers I have a bunch of tiny white bubble looking spots underneath my skin. (No lesions, no itching). However when I run my finger over the area it feels hard. The skin is only slightly raised over the area where the "bubbles" are. The little spots are also slightly discolored (white). I'm not too concerned about it I just wanted to make sure that it is not going to spread and that it not caused by an allergic reaction to the gold ring that I wear on that finger. Thanks!
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This sounds like a case of dishydrosis. Dishydrosis may present as white vesicles (fluid filled bumps) beneath the skin. They appear to be covered by a thick membrane or covering. They may disappear in time. This is not contagious. They are actually dermatitic skin conditions and may lead to an itch scratch cycle eventually leading to an eczematous skin condition. Prolonged hand washing and handling of certain substances and chemicals may be possible but not definite triggers.
I looked up dishydrosis on the internet and the only difference between what I saw and what is on my finger is that the bumps/dots are completely underneath the skin. When I straighten the finger the bumps become raised because its almost like they get squeezed together and push up towards the surface of the skin (They are located in between the distal and intermediate phalanx). When the finger is bent and the skin is stretched, the skin becomes smooth again. Is this just the beginning stage of dishydrosis and should I expect them to become more raised over time? I've had it for about a year now and it looks the same. Also is there anything I can put on it to keep it from worsening? Thank you!!