Tiny bumps, or small pimples look alike but they aren't, on my fac...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Tiny bumps, or small pimples look alike but they aren't, on my face, neck, and arms. What are they?

I am 19 and have questions about my skin. My skin is quite clear on my face except in certain areas. In the small area under my eyes, where eye bags would be, I have these tiny bumps or what lookes like Small pimples but they aren't. I've had them for years now and at first I thought they could be pimples but when I tried to pop them nothing came out, and the skin didn't break, it just turned red. I have them in other areas like around my jaw line, on my neck, and some on my arms as well. They are not so noticable, only when I'm an a beige place and usually the ones under my eyes when I taKe my glasses off. When it gets really hot and I start to sweat my neck an arms would itch. I am not sure if they have anything to do with the tiny bumps but mayb it does. Does anyone know what they are or could be?
I mean, they are only noticable when I'm in a BRIGHT place not Beige.
Yes these are milia, very common and very similar to pimples in that they are caused from clogged pores from bacteria, sweat, oil and/or dead skin cells.
They are a little tougher to treat because their whiteheads are firmer than your typical pimple but very, very gentle exfoliation (especially under the eyes. Don't even risk it if you can't be supercareful!) can help shed the dead skin cells and make way for the new ones to surface.
You also might want to get a dermatologists' suggestion on a topical treatment since you've had them for years and they don't seem to be going away on their own.
In the meantime you can relax knowing they aren't permanent and there are solutions!
;-)

All the best.
One possibility for such bumps is milia. They are white pimples that occur mostly on the upper cheeks, nose and chin. The best way to prevent milia is to avoid treating your skin with excessively harsh chemicals and to limit sun exposure. Also use good quality cosmetics and exfoliate your skin regularly. If still the symptoms persist then chemical peeling or laser removal can be done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I was having these horrible little breakouts with tinny pimples and a lot of clogged pores that where not inflamed. NOTHING would get rid of these little clogged pores. They made my skin bumpy and it looked clear inside but TERRIBLE in sunlight because of the texture.

I tried the Grapefruit Glycolic Wash from the Made From Earth brand, and within a week they are 95% gone. My skin is smooth and the color is evening out. I use it once each night before bed. The price seems high, but the bottle is huge and lasts quite a while. I will definitly be buying this again!!