Tiny bumps on elbow

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Tiny bumps on elbow

My son is 8 years old and suddenly there appeared a cluster of tiny hard skin colored bumps - very tiny - all around his one elbow.  There is no rash or redness - it does not itch - no other symptoms.  The only different thing he has taken was a prescription for Singular from having a persistant cough some weeks ago.  Please let me know if anyone having success with this disappearing or if dermatologist was necessary - let me know.  Thanks!

This discussion is related to Small Bumps on 2yr old's hands, elbows and toes.
Avatar n tn
Hi.  Just wondering if you ever figured out what the rash was or is.  Hopefully it has cleared up for him by now.  My son is also 8 and he has the exact same type of rash as it sounds like your son had/has, only his is on both elbows and around his knees.  It was flesh colored, very rough like sandpaper, and there are a ton of tiny bumps tightly clustered together in patches for the most part. I put a steroid type topical on them last night, and now tonight they are more reddish and he complained that they itched when I reapplied the cream.  Any info you've run across would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be granuloma annulare or dermatitis herpetiformis. Both can present with similar symptoms on elbows and knees. Granuloma annulare has been hypothesized to be associated with tuberculosis, insect bites, trauma, sun exposure, thyroiditis, vaccinations, and viral infections.

in herpetiformis dermatitis, typical symptoms include burning, stinging, and intense itching and rash consists of small vesicles on the extensor aspects. It is an autoimmune blistering disorder associated with a gluten-sensitive enteropathy. Investigation which needs to be done is biopsy skin which is the only investigation to diagnose this condition.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I'm 33 and have had a patch around my elbow that sounds similar to these 2 previous post. This developed around 4 years ago..

I have these tiny flesh colored bumps around my left elbow. They have been there for a few years now. Never red, rarely itch - just a dry, rough patch, only irritate me if I rest my arm/elbow against something. In which case I feel a stinging burning sensation (this is as of late last 4 months or so).

I've tried, ointments, creams, moisturizers, pretty much everything. They just won't go away, I've had limited very limited success using exfoliating scrubs  and vigorously scrubbing (for 10-15 minutes). After which my elbow feels much smoother; but not for long.

What concerns me is, now I've developed 2 smaller patches just like this on my stomach.  
Hi I am 18 year old male. This summer is the worst summer for me. First I had experienced ringworm and then body acne. 2 weeks ago I saw a lot of tiny dry bumps on my both elbows. There are lot of bumps joined together On my elbows and I have feq circled raised bumps on my arms.
Hi I am 18 year old male. This summer is the worst summer for me. First I  experienced ringworm and then body acne. 2 weeks ago I saw a lot of tiny dry bumps on my both elbows. There are lot of bumps joined together On my elbows and I have few circled raised bumps on my arms. Please tell what are these tiny bumps?
Did you get a diagnosis yet?
My son is presenting the same symptoms, not sure if you will get this but did you or anyone find out what it was?
I'm heading to the clinic tonight to find out what this is. My son is 6 and it showed about a week ago. I wasn't concerned at first but it's showing no signs of fading. I've tried steroid creams along with sensitive skin creams. I think it may need a prescription steroid. Almost looks like a bad case of eczema