Dermatology Community
Tiny dots on fingers
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tiny dots on fingers

Hi there,
I have had tiny red/purple dots on my fingers (on the underside only) for the past couple of years. They are mainly on the top 1/3 of my fingers and there are not many of them. they come and go and are not painful but my fingertips are more sensitive. I also have spots on the soles of my feet although these seem to be more like whiteheads as they have pus in them. Yesterday I also noticed them on my belly for the first time.
I would be so grateful for any advice at all.
Many thanks,
Lucy
Related Discussions
Hi Lucy,

Are there other symptoms present? These tiny red dots or petechiae are due to blood that has leaked from tiny blood vessels into the skin. A common cause of petechiae is a low platelet count. These are blood cells that play an important role in blood clotting. Low platelet count may be due to: autoimmune disorders, viral infections, side effect of certain medications, bone marrow disorders, or infection. Treatment of petechiae depends on the underlying cause. It would be best to have it evaluated by your doctor. Laboratory tests such as complete blood count may rule out low platelet count and other causes.

Take care and keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank