Dermatology Community
Tiny red dots and random bruising
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tiny red dots and random bruising

These tiny dots on my skin have been increasing in numbers I've noticed over the last several months I guess.  Some are as tiny as a pin point.  Others (mainly on my chest and breasts) are about millimeter in length.  These dots are located above my elbow on my arms, chest, stomache, and breasts. These dots never go away.  I don't believe there are any on my legs.  Autoimmune disorders are apparent in my family: Alopecia Areata (daughter) and Multiple Sclerosis (brother).  My husband says I should be concerned the the random bruising that has shown up on my body.  They have ranged from a circle about the size of my finger tip to 2" at the longest length (in oval or odd shaped bruises).  I am never able to recall how I acquired these bruises.  My husband says it's a sign of leukemia.  I am never sick, I work out 3x a week, eat a vegetarian diet, and have no alcohol problems, or drug use.  I assumed it would have been sun damage, but I'm only 27 and take very good care of my skin.  Now my husband has me concerned just a bit.  Is this something I should be running to my doctor about?  At first I didn't think there was any problem, but I'm a little freaked out by his concerns.  

Thanks, in advance, for all your help.  

Warmest Regards,

Mom in Texas