Tiny red spot on cheek under skin that won't stop bleeding when scr...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Tiny red spot on cheek under skin that won't stop bleeding when scratched

Hi - I just noticed a couple of days ago that I had a tiny spot on my right cheek (about the size of a pin's head) that was under the skin.  I thought it might be small blood blister and thought I would ***** it open with a needle.  When I did that, blood gushed out like I hit an artery.  I had to have pressure on it for 30-45 minutes until it finally stopped bleeding.  It looks to be the size of my other pores.  Now, when I just scratch very lightly over it, it will restart bleeding.  Any ideas what this could be?  Thanks!

You should not scratch the lesion,a s it would definitely cause bleeding - the face is a very vascular area. Let the lesion heal on its own. Scratching would also lead to secondary bacterial infection.

Keep the area clean and well moisturized.

Consult your doctor if the lesion persists after a few days.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.