Tiny red spots on palm of feet

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Tiny red spots on palm of feet

Really I don't know what I have but I recently noticed little red spots on the palm of my feet...they don't itch not swollen, and I haven't been sick, and am not sick now its just this little red dots that are concerning me...I've had them for about 1month and that is the only area they are on...never had them before can you tell me what to do or what they may be?   Thank you so much

This discussion is related to Tiny red spots on Skin.
Tags: tiny, reds, spots, palms, of, feet
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Have you changed your shoes lately? These may be red spots caused by pressure from your shoes or it may be an irritation from your socks or any lotions or creams you have applied on the area .I have mentioned these first as part of your differential as dermatitic skin conditions secondary to pressure or external irritants are quite common. However, you have only noted redness on the area and no mention of weeping or itchiness from the affected skin.

Just continue to observe the area. This does not sound serious. Check your shoes, check for any varicosities on the area. Also, use only a mild cleanser in washing the area.

I've had tiny red dots on the bottom of my feet too. About the size of a period dot. Never bothered me and it went away but came back from time to time in a different area of the foot. I chalked it up to something from the shower stall so I try to keep it cleaned and disinfected. How many dots? I usually had less than five or so. A bunch over a long period would have me concerned.
please my bf has had these little red dots on the bottom of his feet i dont what they are and he has not had these before ...