Dermatology Community
Tissue Burn?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tissue Burn?

Hi

I am prone to allergies and runny noses so I'm always rubbing my nose.  Since I don't always have soft lotioned tissues with me I tend to use what ever napkins or paper towels I can get my hands on.  Sometimes over the course of a runny nose or allergy attack I rub my nose so much that the area under my nose gets red and raw.  I think this is called Tissue Burn. Sometimes it gets bad enough that it blisters.  This has been happening to me since I was a kid.  I have memories of this since Elementary school.

Now,  a few years ago (I am now in my early 30's) I found out that I have HSV1.   So now I worry that the blisters I get under my nose and on the skin above my lip might be an outbreak.  I only get these blisters in connection with excessive rubbing due to my allergy issues.  So i'm very confused.  

So my question is,  can a tissue burn blister resemble a cold sore outbreak?  or am I really having outbreaks (meaning I've had hsv1 since I was a kid)

thanks!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
These blisters can be due to friction rub or chafing or due to cold sores. Pain, burning, tingling, or itching occurs at the infection site before the sores appear. Then clusters of blisters erupt which break down. You need to get some investigations like sample from the sores to identify the virus, culture analysis, Tzanck smear, antigen and antibody studies and blood sampling for antibody studies done to confirm the diagnosis. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Blank
Thanks for the advice.  

I'll get it checked out next time it happens.  I think it's too late now because it's towards the end of the healing process and it's past the infection phase.  Or am I wrong?  Do I still have time?

As far as blood work is concerned, I've already had that done and I know that I definitely have the antibodies in my system for HSV1.  There was no question about that.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank