Toddler Rash, Sickness, High Temperature
My toddler developed a rash on her inner thighs, a bit like what I would think of as prickly heat.  A week later, she vomited and at the same time red bumps began to appear under her right arm.  As I watched it, the bumps were actually changing shape and size - sometimes small and red, sometimes big and raised.  I took her to the hospital but everyone felt it wasnt meningitis.  I left it for a week and the underarm rash got worse - the skin became yellowish, with some red raised bumps and some dark red tiny pinpricks. The rash has since spread down her side and today, 4 weeks later, it has started to go on her other armpit so I'm really worried.  She also has developed dry skin on her thumb.

I took her to the doctor who thinks it's a viral rash but prescribed hydrocortisone, emollient and antihistamine.  I tried the hydrocortisone for 4 days, twice a day which helped her legs but not her armpit and I wasn't sure about the mollient and antihistamine so I didn't really use them.  I've tried lots of different remedies but not really stuck with them - garlic and echinacea to go through my milk, breastfeeding her more, eating more fruit, cutting out dairy - all to treat internally - and to treat externally, I've tried a few barriers like sudocrem, calendula cream (which seemed to work the one night I used it), olive oil.  And I've tried washing her clothes in sodium bicarbonate, an extra rinse cycle, not using soap on her just water.  

Her legs are better  - I've been leaving her nappy off as she seemed to be reacting strongly to it, but the rash under her arm had yellow skin whilst her legs don't have this yellow skin, although they do have raised bumps and red pinpiricks.  But as said, her other armpit is now flaring up and the raised red bumps have spread out over her body, although thankfully there aren't as many of them as in the concentrated areas.

Yesterday, she began with a high temperature which has lasted today as well - this coincides with the second armpit rash.

Any ideas?