Toe redness

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Toe redness

I had a mild redness on my toe months ago and didn't think anything of it because it was so mild.  Now I noticed it has moved to the tops some of my other toes on both feet (NOT in between the toes or anywhere else on my foot - only on the tops of the toes and on the outside sides of my big and little toes).  I don't even want to call it a rash because it doesn't itch.  It doesn't smell either. I can just tell it is there if I hit the area of my toes affected on something... there is just a feeling that it isn't normal.  I have not used anything new or different on my feet.  I don't have any other foot problems.  I don't think it is athlete's foot because:
+Doesn't itch/smell
+Doesn't look like any pictures I've seen of athlete's foot
+I have my own shower that no one else uses.  I also haven't walked around barefoot in a public space in years (including locker rooms/pools).

There is also a slight redness on my hip.  Not sure if it is related but it has also been there for months.

Also, my cat has been itching for months.  I don't think it is ringworm because there is no loss of hair that is the main symptom of ringworm, but it also doesn't seem like any sort of bug.

If it isn't athlete's foot, what might it be?  That is usually the only thing that pops up if I am looking for foot symptoms. Any help would be appreciated.  thanks
This redness being non itchy is less likely due to fungal infection but it can be due to dermatitis or some sort of contact dermatitis or sweat dermatitis. You can take antihistaminics like Benadryl and Claritin. Topical low potency corticosteroids and calamine lotion are also helpful in relieving the symptoms. More severe cases require oral corticosteroids. For that you need to consult your dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.