Too many bowel movements

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Too many bowel movements

I have 5 to 6 bowel movements a day, usually 3 shortly after I wake up. The first one is usually pretty solid but the 2nd and 3rd are more liquidly. Also, when I wipe I have to poop some more which means I have to wipe again. This may continue 5 or 6 times and as a result, by butt gets very sore, raw and itchy. I take meds for hypertension and cholesterol and about 20 years ago was treated for an amoebia infection. I do drink coffee in the morning ( thought coffee may be souring my stomach and be responsible). Please help
Coffee is a natural laxative...so this may be causing the softer stools.
If you have hypertension the coffee is not a good thing to have...try to wean yourself off of it slowly and replace it with herbal tea or even try to cut down to one cup a day.

You can use tuck wipes to help with the sore, raw, itchy feeling. Witch Hazel is helpful for that too, and can be bought almost anywhere.
Baby powder may help as well...as will any cream used for hemorrhoids.