Dermatology Community
Totally SMOOTH fingerprints?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Totally SMOOTH fingerprints?

My wife is healthy, 25 years old, with no unusual health conditions. Upon close examination of her fingers its clear that her fingerprints are so light as to be almost invisible, and most of her fingerprints are just completely smooth!  She does have some light scab-like scarring on her legs and ankles, and she says that they itch frequently. Occasionally she is scratching her knee or her ankles, and she has a mild acne problem. But nothing which appears major. Her fingers do not appear red or inflamed, there are no blisters or other odd symptoms, its just that her fingerprints are completely smooth!

We have visited dermatologists but frankly I'm not so content with their diagnosis so far. We have been told that she is suffering from an allergic reaction to some chemicals in the house...perhaps soaps, shampoos, dish washing fluids, etc. We have been advised to use some "neutral" creams, and "neutral" soaps and shampoos and wait 4-6 weeks but I fear this is not enough. Two weeks of this so far and there has been no change whatsoever. Its critical that her fingerprints come back to her for ID purposes, in today's world which requires frequent fingerprint scanning.

Any ideas?

Paul S.