Touching one part of body and feeling in another
Hi All,

I woke up today with an odd thing going on. When I touch a specific part of my body, I feel it in another. The touch and feeling are always in the same spots. If I move a little outside of the "touch-zone" I don't feel it elsewhere.

It's when I touch a "delicate" part of my male body. The sensation is felt in that area where I touch and also on the back of my right leg, always in the same spot (slightly below my calf muscle).

I am a 32 y/o male that has slightly elevated liver enzymes, 2 small gallbladder polyps, and some undiagnosed neurological symptoms (afterimages, tinnitus, small spots on brain showing up from MRI). Been put through the ringer as far as tests are concerned and docs haven't been able to diagnose anything.

Has anyone heard of this before, where touching one area of your body can constantly trigger a sensation of feeling it in another? The back of my leg feels like when a pant leg would brush against my skin. It doesn't hurt, I can just feel the sensation. If I am not touching the area that triggers this then I feel nothing out of the norm in that spot.

Thanks!
These symptoms can be due to parasthesia skin. Parasthesias are common in alcoholics and metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidismThey can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms are gone or not.

In case the symptoms persist then consult a neurologist as it can be due to some neurological disorder.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.