Dermatology Expert Forum
Treatment for Genital Wart

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Treatment for Genital Wart

After finding wart like growths on my penis, I went to the dermatologist and got a biopsy. I am waiting for results now. The questions I have are is about treatments, in case I need it.
1) Do creams/ointments work? I see websites advertising this.
2) My doctor said laser removable is the best way. Does this make sense or should I try creams/ointments before the laser?
3) I had warts on my hand about 10 years back, which I removed using homeopathy treatment. In an earlier post, you mentioned the imune system kicking in to cure warts. Is this the only true treatment?
A single wart, genital or otherwise, is most easily treated by freezing or burning it off.  This is afe and not very painful.  Since most people want a genital wart off as soon as possible, of the biopsy confirms the diagnosis of wart, I would just get it done, rather than apply creams.  These can be very irritating, not to mention slow.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff

I am a 30 years old male from Bahrain, I got married on May 2002.
My wife is now pregnant and in her 3rh month of pregnancy.

she has developed some vaginal warts.

she had consulted her phycisian and instructed her to see a gyn. doctor to burn them off, and that I have to be examined also.

I did not mind to do that, but as I knew, that those warts can be caused by sexual contact or viral infection.

so Could you please give me an enogh information regarding this health disoder,and the causes and treatment procedure.

thank you very much.

yours sincerely
Al-Mallah
Al,

You need to pay $19 to get your question answered.  You can go to post a question and it's an easy process.  But you can only ask questions regarding 1 matter.  Additional questions will cost you $19 each.

Ginger
I am 40 yrs old and I have genital warts on my testes from last 20 yrs.They are approx 35-40 in numbers. no pain at all. They develpoed in the age of 20 yrs, without any sexual contact.since then no growth also.I am healthy, non smoker,non drinker, and never had sex except my wife.
I have 2 children, no one developed any warts including my wife.
I tried homeopathy in age of 27 (Thuja) , but could not cure. Doctor told me that it is part of body and will remain for rest of life without any problem and can not be cured.
Is homeopathy good for this ?
I want to get rid of them now, any help would be appriciated.

Is homeopathy good for this ?