Dermatology Expert Forum
Treatment for Swollen lip
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Treatment for Swollen lip

Doctor back in the winter of 2002 I kissed a young lady. After kissing her two days later my lips began to burn. I tried chapstick thinking my lips where chap. After about 2 weeks I went to the doctor and told him about what had happen and the problems I was having. My doctor told me that my lips were just irritated from the cold and he told me to try some over the counter stuff to stop the burning. I tried carmex and some canker sore medicine and put this stuff on my lips. I also tried abeva. Well I don't think I should have put the canker sore medicine on my lips and I think I used the abeva to long because the right side of my lip began to swell. I went back to the doctor about a month later and showed him the swelling that occured. He then prescribed the cream denavir and told me to put it on my lip for about a week and the swelling would go down and it would stop any pain I had. I also asked him if I had herpes? He told me I did not because he said I did not have any signs or lesions or scabs. He told me I had swelling of the lip. Well the pain and the burning has stop. However my lip remaines swollen. What can I do about the swollen lip? Also what caused the swelling?