Dermatology Expert Forum
Treatment for Swollen lip
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Treatment for Swollen lip

Doctor back in the winter of 2002 I kissed a young lady. After kissing her two days later my lips began to burn. I tried chapstick thinking my lips where chap. After about 2 weeks I went to the doctor and told him about what had happen and the problems I was having. My doctor told me that my lips were just irritated from the cold and he told me to try some over the counter stuff to stop the burning. I tried carmex and some canker sore medicine and put this stuff on my lips. I also tried abeva. Well I don't think I should have put the canker sore medicine on my lips and I think I used the abeva to long because the right side of my lip began to swell. I went back to the doctor about a month later and showed him the swelling that occured. He then prescribed the cream denavir and told me to put it on my lip for about a week and the swelling would go down and it would stop any pain I had. I also asked him if I had herpes? He told me I did not because he said I did not have any signs or lesions or scabs. He told me I had swelling of the lip. Well the pain and the burning has stop. However my lip remaines swollen. What can I do about the swollen lip? Also what caused the swelling?