Treatment of Vaginal Eczema
What is the best treatment for vaginal Eczema.  I have this for years now, it comes and goes.  I use Calendula gel when I have symptoms, it seems to help but not completely.  Is there something that I can use that is more effective.  It is very uncomfortable.  Burning sensation, etc.  I had a biopsy done a few years ago and results came back (SPONGIOTIC DERMATITIS)  which I been told is like ECZEMA.  

Can you please help or have any comments regarding this condition.
I too have had this same problem for about 15 yrs and I am almost 50 yrs old.   I was prescribed Triamcinolone Cream and yes it is a steroid cream which I do use sparingly.  But on rare occasions when I have run out and it I need it desperately I research what else I can do.   I use Dr. Bronners bar soap and followed with  organic coconut oil.  Seems to be helping but like the rest of you I really wish there was a cure since this just comes and goes.  I have told no one about this embarrassing itch ever including my husband.  My itch is only the external vaginal area so after sex I must "clean up" or I spend the night scratching myself raw. I have purchased the CVS brand of eczema cream but it has to be used every few hours to keep the itching at bay but I do want to try the Calmoseptine that someone recommended.   Anything is worth a shot
maybe Eczema Fast Healing from Triderma.  It was a miracle on my hands!
I have have the same problem for 4 years. I have tried every medicine out there nothing works. Coconut oil and Vasaline on the scratches feel good.
hello ladies, im 22 yrs old and i just recently discovered i have vagina and posterior eczema too, it is very irritating but ive been managing it pretty well. i also have eczema breakouts in other parts of my body but ive been using Aveeno soothing bath treatments and its been working, it relieves my itching and the eczema is disappearing, you can put it in your bath water or if your not taking a bath at the time and need some relief you can make a paste out of it and rub it on the skin that way....just pour the aveeno powder  in the palm of your hand and damp it with water making the paste as thick as you like....i haven't tried the steroids, or the other creams/lotions that are listed above yet but so far Aveeno has been working for me....for those who dont know you can buy Aveeno almost anywhere (walmart, cvs, freds, dollar stores, etc) also if you plan on using this product i wouldn't recommended mixing it with other remedies unless you use the Aveeno bath but decided to use cortizone10 cream instead of the aveeno cream (this is fine) i just wouldn't recommended ppl mixing it from stuff you got from the doctor, i hope this helps :)
Hi ladies, I feel your pain as I am struggling with the occasional eczema as well in the vagina area, and sometimes on other parts of my body. Here are some things I have tried and/or am trying now as we speak that have helped: I used a steroid cream before called Travacort (by Schering Plough) - it may be marketed under a different name. This has worked on every fungal issue I have had in my life! When this ran out, I have also been asked by my doctor to try Cerave (a natural moisturizer). I think much of this issue is because of dry skin so by keeping it moist, the eczema seems to be under control for most of the time so that the skin can heal. But then some days, the itch gets active again. Then I have to wash the area and put more Cerave cream in a tub to "calm" the itch. Yes it drives me crazy sometimes that I have in the past resorted to running HOT water on the skin, which obviously doesn't do any good. Another good moisturizer is Glysomed so u can maybe try and keep the area always moisturized. All the best Ladies!
sisters, i feel your pain (literally)!
i had no idea there were so many of us; i also have been diagnosed with spongiotic dermatitis coupled with an infection of a less common strain of yeast (saccharomyces cerevisiae) that is resistant to fluconazole.

propylene glycol is a common irritant in many creams and lubricants, even medicated brand names prescribed by your friendly ob/gyn. it's particularly damaging for menopausal women. it is hard to find products without it. AVOID IT!

here's an article that goes into more detail:
http://www.jfponline.com/pages.asp?aid=5296

the website is www jfponline com in the part that is **********'d out.

,
I think I have this but have not been able to find a doctor to diagnose me I have seen allergist,gastric,obgyn, dermatologist and physician's. I itch like crazy I do not have a healthy intimate life because of it I'm depressed all the time and can not stand my self for this it's hard for me to take care of my family and I can't even get help for myself what should I do? At first I thought it was candid then gluten but I have been tested for fructose, Bacteria overgrowth,celiac deisease all have came back negative. I did go on a gluten free diet before all the test's and found great relief but minor itching still nothing has gotten rid of it completely. What should I do?
I have had this painful and irritable disorder for over six months now. I was going to the doctors several time before I was actually diagnosed. by this time I was in a very bad way, cut up sore and full of rashes where they had spread from my vagina to my anus and even my upper thigh where it was so difficult to walk let alone get through everyday life without needing to itch and being uncomfortable. in the beginning I was told that I had re-occurring thrush as I had all the symptoms and went through all the STD and STI tests that deemed negative. so I was constantly going back to the doctor for thrush tablets and creams, a couple of weeks after i was so fed up and saw a different nurse, she diagnosed me straight away and gave me a steroid cream and an epaderm ointment to apply to the area. the treatment creams do eventually help relieve the inflammation but it always comes back again and this problem really is endless, i avoid washing the area with any kind of fragranced products and just use water if anything and i wear loose pants so i am doing exactly what the doctor said. i just really hope there is a cure as im sick of being uncomfortable and irritable and sex well that's the last thing on my mind. need all your advice, thanks!!!
I've just being diagnosed with vaginal and my dermatologist gave me a cream called lotriderm did anyone's use it ? She said I need to do it everyday for a week and then once every other day and then once a week and hopefully I can stop it altogether x
I am having irritation in my privates which I personally believe is eczema.  I have a 15 year history of yeast infections and I was on monistat when this additional irritation began.  From what I understand, yeast creams can cause eczema.  I thought the yeast wasn't clearing but my culture came back negative for yeast.  I think monistat cleared the yeast and then caused eczema.  I am going to have a biopsy to verify that it is eczema.

I have a history of eczema in other parts of my body.  The only thing that ever worked for me was hydrocortizone in a cream form.  The petroleum based textures (ointments) never worked for me even if the hydrocortizone dosage was the same.  Prescription topicals never worked either.
ok as someone who has suffer with this disorder all her life here's whatyou ladies need to do.  First its not something you're going to get rid of. Second you want to STOP using any soaps with fragrance in the vaginal area, i'm sorry but if you're flared up its not helping its just prolonging any flare up you have. Start using the aveeno ezcema body wash or baby wash(yes I said baby wash or get the packets you can put in your bath water) Not only does it make your skin softer but it stops the itching and helps you heal. Next put moisture in the area, by putting your medicine on. You need to use topical steroids in the area. If you have a yeast infection you want to get that taken care of as well. Also pay attention to your medications your taking and the foods your eating, they may be causing your flare ups or the yeast infections.  Also if itching is a major issue, your derm can prescribe medication to help you stop itching.  Last stop asking the  gyno about a skin condition. You wouldn't ask the skin doc about having a baby. Hope this helps.  
Hi, I suffered from vulva eczema since the beginning of last year when my menopausal symptoms started. My periods become extremely irregular n I frequently hv cold n hot flush. My vulva was swollen n itchy with no discharge. The itch caused me to be awake  throughout the night.  I hv tried antihistamine, cortisone cream etc. See doctor 5 to 6 times but never fully recover. Hv tried washing the area with tumeric, vinegar n baking soda but the results never last. Recently, I hv tried a few things n condition seem to improve. I started taking burdock supplement twice a day, evening primerose once a day n tumeric juice with lime on alternate day. I wash w aqueous cream n apply physiogel on the affected area  when drier, I apply aloe vera gel on the affected area. So far, the itch has began to die down n I manage to hv a few hours of sleep for the past few days. I really hope this will help me in the long run. I dont know exactly which is the one tt is working cause I tried all of them almost at the same time. Praying hard tt this is a good cure fr such a fustrating issue.
Hi, I have suffered from vulva eczema since the beginning of last year. The itch was so bad that I hardly sleep for more then 2 hours without waking up n scratch. My eczema was on the outside of the vulva n there is no discharge. It started when my period become irregular n menopause symptoms start early last year. I hv seen dictor 4 to 5 times but the steroid cream work n the antihistamine work only when use. After about a month, I need to go back doctor n they will give me stronger steriod cream n the cycle goes on. I hv tried washing the area with tumeric, vinegar n baking soda but it helps only fr abt an hour or so before the itch return. Recently, my condition hv improved after I hv done the following: I took burdock supplement twice a day, evening primrose supplement once a day, tumeric juice three times a week. On top if that, I wash the affected area with aqeous cream, apply physiogel after washing then when drier, apply aloe vera gel. Now the itch has sibsided by quite a bit n I could finally sleep fr 5 hours without waking up in the middle of the night rubbing n scratching. I really hope tt this is the solution. I will continue this routine. If it works fr the next half of year, I will repostagsain.
Plain water mixed with baking soda is a great cleanser and has helped me tremendously. Petroleum jelly and 1% hydrocortisone ointment is better than the cream. Must do this for a month , it worked for me,i hope it works for you. Good Luck. Yes, you must give up all the soaps , bath oils, ect. And yes, lol, my dr gave me this treatment.
I am only 17 and I am ready to get sexually active, only if it wasn't for my darn vaginal eczema!! I have had the condition in other areas of my body such as inner elbow and the back of my knees, for close to four years now. I use E45 cream and haven't even heard of the other creams mentioned here. I've noticed though, that the eczema begins in spring along with my other allergies and continues all through summer. I hate the discomfort it brings and I especially hate that I'm way more anxious than most girls about getting intimate with my boyfriend. Atleast now I know I'm not a freak of nature, so let's continue to try and find solutions. I will.
some natural things to help:  olive oil. ... aloe... aloe wont stop the itching what it will heal if you had scratched really bad.........

I just went to a dermatologist and he give me a cream named TOPICORT. Is my second day using it and I feel GREAT! Now my only hope is even when I'll stop using it won't come back.... Or is there a way to get rid of it for good!!!!???  
I started with vulva itching since 2010. FINALLY now 2014 I went to a dermatologist he gave me Topicort (steroid cream) to treat eczema. AFTER YOU GET TREATED with a cream/shots/pills.... go to the link below!! cause we can't use steroids forever ALOE is a cheap, easy, natural, solution.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/3834-need-treating-eczema-with-aloe/

I hope I can help someone with this info. cause I was once desperate, irritated, crying, angry, going nuts like everyone in here... GOOD LUCK!
I Have had the itch, scratch, burn syndrome for 9 years off and on with sometimes scabby areas.  I have tried everything!  Recently, I tried "Gold Bond Powder" it was applied 2-3 times a day for about 1 week.  I have no problem now, nor have I  . . .since I stopped applying.
I am symptom free.  If it should start again, I will pull out the Gold Bond Powder. Although, I think it did the trick :-D

judyj199
oh Gail---do you mean to tell me there is no "CURE"???
this last bout has been unbearable!  no sooner get some relief when it pops back up again!  awful oozing in the vaginal area that I (& drs). can't control.  GYNO said age related vaginitis and put me on Estrace cream
3 x per week (1gr)   helped till this last bout.....Dermatologist has me off all meds now and has recommended Balmex (OTC)..and if that doesn't help,see the PA again (3rd time) after spending new year's eve day in the ER....heard of using yogurt for relief BUT I am looking for a cure!
I have the same problem; have you ever tried removing all gluten and dairy products? As long as I avoid anything with gluten or dairy, it is controllable. Sometimes I get bouts of stress from work or home and I'll have another flare up.
Ask your doctors for celestone cream, its a potent steriod cream. I had instant relief after suffering for months!
Just wanted to say, I am still "symptom free" for over a month or so, after 9 years of itching, burning, etc. . . .. . .  Thanks to "Gold Bond!"  I only used it for a week or two, and don't use it any longer.  I will, if symptoms return, but they haven't.  I feel so happy about being FREE from the misery of this skin problem.
I have had this also for a long time which my doctor kept telling me was Thrush - it is not !  I too have had Betnovate and this is what helps me every time.
My dermatologist gave me something that cleared it up! My problem began 2-3 months ago like a yeast infection. I tried using monostat, but it didn't help. I went to see a gynecologist, she prescribed me an antibacterial cream to insert into my vagina, but the cream would drip out and create moisture around the outside. After 2 days, I developed an intense rash. It was awful! Itchy, red, swollen, and blistering. I saw another gynecologist and she said it's a vaginal eczema and prescribed me Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream (steroid cream). I felt relief for a few hours, but it didn't help much. I even experienced an intense burning sensation on the first night of using the cream. The rash actually got worse. I finally saw a dermatologist and she prescribed me Fluocinonide 0.05% ointment. It cleared up so much faster! Within 2 days, I was already feeling so much better. The redness was going away. It's been about a week now and I feel like myself again. I hope this never comes back!
I've had regular run of the mill eczema my whole life, and I've dealt with it easily. Since having my second son on 29th November 2013 I've been getting bouts of vaginal eczema/dermatitis. It seems to raise its ugly head every 2-6 weeks. Originally I was told its thrush and I treated it as such, however this made it way way worse. Finally a Dr correctly diagnosed me the end of march. He had a specialised cream made for me and I use corticosteroid ointment as well as taking a steroid tablet during a flare up. I also use an over the counter numbing ointment for the real bad nights so I can get some sleep. I am hoping that this has only occurred because of my hormones being unbalanced because of my breast feeding my son. I am going to continue breast feeding as I can handle the uncomfort if it means me baby is getting the best start possible. Good luck all. Xx
Due to no health insurance, I am self-diagnosed with vaginal eczema.  
I have had eczema all over my body since the day I was born, but as I aged the symptoms lessened to the point that I rarely ever have any spots--except on my vaginal area, which has been tormenting me for about 20 years now.

About 15 years ago, my mother mentioned to me that a lot of people with eczema have allergy to aloe.  I experimented with aloe & found out that FOR SURE I was one of them aloe-intolerant people.  And it doesn't surprise me that I only had vaginal irritation for the last TWO decades, & not my whole life (I am now 40) because it's been only within the last 20 years that aloe has become a staple in almost EVERY beauty product.

I am sharing this with you all--a bit late, but hopefully someone who is browsing the web for a solution to the same problem can benefit from this.

Now I want to list some of the items that aloe is in, as I myself was amazed at my finding while trying to weed out aloe in my hygiene:
Some bathroom tissue--toilet paper--has aloe.  It may not say it on the package, but I recommend calling the customer service hotline to make sure yours doesn't.  It's added to give the tissue softness.
Almost every triple-blade & quadruple blade razor.  It's in the moisture strip.  Dollar Shave Club has a triple blade that doesn't have aloe.  I only use their blades now.
Hair gel, styling mouse, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, soap.
Some girdles--believe it or not, some girdle makers CLAIM the aloe helps you lose fat while wearing it.
Condoms--yes, some condoms even use aloe in the lubricants.
Baby wipes.
Shaving gel.
I'll tell you the pain I've had for the last 11 years trying to get my partner to quit using his Aveeno aloe & flaxseed hair gel & to quit using them Bic blades with aloe.  It has made my sex life absolute HADES b/c with all the aloe he was using on his body was causing severe irritation on my labia.
He's finally weeded out the aloe, but only because *I* went out & bought him all the  shaving supplies, hair supplies & paid for the monthly order from Dollar Shave Club.
I'm telling you, you will come across 3 types of partners:
1. Those who don't care
2.  Those who think you're making more out of it than what it is.
3.  Those who think you're lying about the problem.

You have to stand alone on this & do what you can to promote your own sexual health--because apparently no one else will care.

Also, I want to say that the only thing that's helped me is Lysine Plus cream--meant for the lips on the face, not the vaginal ones--from Quantum Inc.  Just dab lightly with it, it's way too expensive to apply liberally.
Yes although helps a little in terms of itching, you definitely don't get all the nutrients that your suppose to be getting. I went from 10st to 8st in a mater of few weeks, I constantly felt weak from the diet and anything but healthy. I advice u and everyone suffering same symptoms to get professional help.
WOW!!! I am not alone! I am going on 5 years with this issue. I was diagnosed with HPV 20 years ago so cancer is definitely a risk factor. The Dr is no help other than to give steroid creams, nystatin triam (stopped due to side effects of thinning skin), clobetesol (currently using sparingly) and basically told me it is "lifetime" condition! (When I 1st went to my OBGYN I was diagnosed w yeast and prescribed diflucan...I AM ALLERGIC! I broke out in a horrid rash all over my body and ended up contracting MRSA because of the open sores on my body! I am a homecare provider and all my clients have one form of MRSA or another :( )  I refuse to accept the lifetime prognosis and continue to seek answers. I try each method for at least 3 months to give it a chance, in conjunction with my prescription cream...after 5 years of trial and error I continue to use the natural topicals if for no other reason than as preventive care and healing until I find a cure! I prefer natural healing methods and after trying many internal and topical combinations I have found several that do alleviate the symptoms so I use  everything in my arsenal because I bought it and I am going to use it!   I regularly/daily use aloe, echinacea, comfrey, plantain/olive oil (instant soothing), vit E, witch hazel, even eucalyptus and tea tree oils. topically off and on according to my symptoms.I am also taking Evening primrose (i am 47) vit C, acidopholis, and red raspberry tea. If I have a flare up and scratch too much I use the healing salves (to heal sores) and tea tree (for infection, it sometimes burns at first but definitely heals infection of cuts and sores! It is drying though so I use salves w coconut oil, olive oil and/or bees wax to moisturize). I do use the clobetesol cream from the Dr. because it does help but does not cure the symptoms...as soon as I stop using it my symptoms escalate. I do not want to use the clobetesol forever! i recently made a plantain and olive oil infusion and it brings instant relief! Although not a cure it does stop the itch and I can enjoy sexual activity with no flare ups :) I will continue to use the plantain and am considering trying turmeric, although that would eliminate the sexual activity when in use lol. I am currently ordering a product that is all natural called Keira feminine cream. I will let you know how effective it is. It claims to heal and alleviate symptoms from all the conditions I have been diagnosed with so I figure I will have a good chance at some relief! I think my biggest fear is that I have an inflammatory cancer and because my Dr. won't recommend a biopsy and does not feel I have "enough" symptoms I am left to research on my own. I have done a candida flush BUT the "die off symptoms" irritated the itch to the point of insanity! I have to use feminine pads for a light but unpredictable urine leak and that is also an irritant so I am careful to change frequently even when dry. I will continue to purify my diet and lose weight as well as trying to quit my big bad smoking habit! I have been so stressed and depressed because of this condition I can't even begin to figure out a way to quit! On goes the battle and I will post in the future after I receive my Kiera cream and let you all know how it works ! Hugs to all you beautiful ladies who suffer from this and don't give up!      
Hi Lucy,

I hope you are reading this. I had no problems in the vulvar area previously till I went for pelvic exam and a vaginal ultrasound back in July 2014. The only reason that I went for this examination is cause I never had been to a gynaecologist before (I am 34 by the way) and since I was in Greece for holidays in July I thought that would be the best time to do a general check up.

And this is where the nightmare started.... The pelvic exam and the ultrasound were normal, but I was never normal after that examination again... Immediately after the pelvic exam and ultrasound, I had severe burning sensation in the vagina, urethra (extremely painful to urinate), and skin around the anus.....

I went to endless gynaecologists (both in greece and in the uk) who prescribed me all sorts of irrelevant treatments (for fungal infection, for bacterial infetion) even though all lab tests were clear. Needless to say after taking a ton of oral antifungals, plus antibiotics, the problem persisted. There was no fungus or other pathogen present and since all lab tests were clear the doctors should have never prescribed me these things. Finally, I went privately and saw a consultant uro-gynaecologist in the UK who immediately said that this is a severe case of allergic contact dermatitis. Something from that examination form hell has caused an extreme skin reaction

She said to avoid all soap (which has actually helped) and that to see how it goes before she refers me to a dermatologist. Now it it end of September and the burning is still there but it looks like it is going a bit better overall, with the exception of a flare up yesterday afternoon which caused me to lose sleep.

I really do not know what to do to avoid flareups and since I am definitely not in contact with the allergen that caused this problem. I am trying to get a referral to a dermatologist specialising in vulvar problems now.

I am so scared and afraid that this will never heal. Losing days from work, sleep, cannot live like this any longer.

I hope we all find our good health soon...
Hi Lucy,

I really do not know what to do to avoid flareups and from what they are caused as I am definitely not in contact with the allergen that caused this problem. I am trying to get a referral to a dermatologist specialising in vulvar problems now.

I am fed up of it, I have it and it drives you mad. I saw a dermatologist who diagnosed Eczema , I am now 62 and still got it and no idea what to use on it
I've had it for 9 years - it started when I was 14, I'm now 23. I use Cetraben cream (for the last 3 yrs) which the vulval dermatologist prescribed me. It relieves the itching while it's on, but no long term improvement. Does anyone know of any natural treatments? I've given up on a cure or getting better, just something to relieve the itch which is chemical free.
Also, I'm 100 x worse at night, is this the same for all of you?
Something that really helps: Using a menstrual cup and cotton pads, and staying away from tampons which dry up all the moisture.
I've had vaginal itching for months now too, after lots of tests the doctor sid i probably have ezcema and gave me steriod cream. I think it has helped the external itching but internally my vagina still itches a lot. And suggestions for internal itching?
Finally found something that works! COCONUT OIL! I've tried all sorts of creams for many years, which have soothed temporarily but never improved the dryness/condition. This is the only thing which has improved the dryness. Also, it's free of chemicals so can do no harm.
It was so helpful to read this thread as my six year old was struggling g with eczema there. my girl is a celiac n's he can not take gluten based food group
when  she eats or when  her food is contaminated with gluten the eczema is triggered
What I did  not see is most of you unable Le to find the trigger factor.
it could be food allergy or some kind of an allergy which triggers the eczema soils investigate through that  Hanney and that thing when avoided should  all the eczema.
its just a suggestion In my experience a d do try it pls
I am just reading your post? How did the Kiera dream work for you. Have you tried anything else?
I thought I was the only one with this problem.   I have used yogurt and that didn't help started taking a probitotic thinking I had a yeast infection and used monistat,  BUT  I have had dyhidrostic (sp?) exzema on my hands so I thought perhaps that's what I could have down there because it doesn't seem to be inside the vagina.  I wen and got some hydrocortisone cream over the counter marketed for Feminine itching and it seems to help and cools it off.Sometimes I will put alittle Benadryl cream on it as well.  Seems to be  helping.  Hope this helps someone.
Gold bond works  great!  Had this about 10 years
I also us 50% alcohol when it is bad,  I just pat with a paper towel, where the itch is.  it burns for a second but the relief is worth it. It makes the itch stop and keeps condition- in check..  .
I have had the burning, itching and paid in my vulva about 5 years ago and it nearly drove me mad.  I had all test possible (yeast, bacteria, STD's, Pap) but nothing came up. Finally after waiting months (I live in Canada and it takes 6 to 8 months to see a specialist) I seen a Gyno and she diagnosed me with Vulvar Dermatitis.  She gave me a variety of creams and it eventually went away.  It was one of the worst experiences I have ever had.

About 3 months ago I got the symptoms again and my anxiety hit the roof as I knew what I was in for.  I tried some over the counter hydrocortisone but it did nothing to help.  I went to doctor and got prescribed Protopic 0.1 but that was awful as it burned like I was on fire for two whole days and made me worse and I had to attend a wedding in agony.  I went back and them got prescribed Clobetasol and got some Lidocaine for the pain.  The only thing that gave me relief were baths with baking soda.  The Clobetasol seemed to help but when I stopped using it it came back worst.  I tried again with the Clob but it never cured it.  I started taking Vitamin C, Omega 3 and Rephresh Probiotics to see but no relief.  I asked a nurse who did my PAP if she had any suggestions and she said to try Baby Diaper Rash Cream.  I tried Desitin and I got to say it helped a lot and it felt better than it ever felt.  I left it alone and then it came back again!  I was ready to off myself to be honest.  I went back to my GP and he gave me Elidel Cream to try and it worked great.  It cleared up and the burning subsided I would use the Desitin in between which kept it dry etc. and got baking soda baths twice a day.  I was fine for the longest time so gave up treatment and now it is back, I am so miserable.  I am trying the Elidel again and it helps but i want a cure.  I have decided to go back to my GP and demand Oral Steroids as that seems like the only choice left and ask that I see a dermatologist even though it will be a 8 month wait.  If anyone has tips I would to love hear from you!
Polysporin Anti Itch Excema 1% helps with greatly with itching and putting an ice pack on or getting a bath with 1 cup of baking soda added.
Yes dear, For me is exactly the same. Something that helped me a lot was lemon with water! It is like magic!!
Lemon with water?  What do you do with it
surprisingly mupirocin is what cleared it up for me.  tried all the things mentioned and the antibiotic ointment had it gone in less than 2 days after suffering a month.  hope that helps someone else.  it's the worst.  
Hi guys i feel everyone of your pain! the best thing you can use is locoid ointment 0.1% , i had eczema after having my little girl and i thought it was thrush and burnt the life out of my parts before going to a gynaecologist and finding out it was eczema! please try this ointment .
I've been diagnosed, after a biopsy, with vaginal eczema. My Gynecologist also told me to use CALMOSEPTINE ointment. It is an over-the-counter diaper rash ointment. It contains menthol, zinc oxide and the inactive ingredients are; calamine, chlorothymol, glycerine, lanolin, phenol. sodium bicarbonate and thymol. It's very thick and light pink but it is soap and water soluble.
Does it work for you?
Herpes has other symptoms that go along with it, especially for the first outbreak. I discussed it as a possibility (even though it was pretty unlikely, from growing up in the 90's sex scare era in the US) and my gynecologist said the lab did smears, etc. and their result from the biopsy was eczema.
Herpes burns and aches, sometimes with a slight cold, not so much itching so bad that the idea of using sand paper sounds comforting.
I use Nystatin as needed and try to stay on a low sugar, low carb diet. I'm off gluten and try to stay off grains. I think probiotics really help immensely as I ran out and my symptoms seem worse. Stress makes my symptoms flare.  I plan to see a naturopathic physician for some homeopathic meds because Nystatin is a cortisoid as well as anti fungal. I also use Borax in my laundry as it helps to rinse irritating detergent. Since I've been on a very stressful work week, my itching and burning got worse. That's why I think handling stress really helps.
myself and my daughter of only eleven have this hell so many describe. exzema/dermatitis and occassional thrush , we never can tell which is which mostly but if one gets bad the other appears. the worst is not knowing what to treat when and treatmnet for one makes the other worse...my daughter gets pain when she pees, i dont.. i will post more soon but i have to say when ours flares what helps most is a few quiet days in bed. i know that sounds nuts but after four years, doctors, miffed gynaes who tell us there is nothing to do and trying every cream etc, we have our fav creams, but taking to our beds, knicker free and just enjoying some comedy or doing creative things etc, takes away from the immense depression that comes with this, carrying on regardless made me suicidal, now i just admit it is like an illness when bad and do extreme self care, bicarb sitz baths, steroids, coconut oil and lots and lots of calm quiet times at home with no visitors. its hard, my son doesnt understand why we have boring days every now and again, but not standing or sitting really speeds the healing....i am interested in other creams people have tried. someone mentioned boz cream from autralia, im in europe so diff things available.
Is your eczema inside your vagina? Mine is and not sure if I can actually put any steroid creams inside? What do you do?
Thanks for your response, I thought I was the only one who feels like that. Have you found any creams that help?