Treatments: Eczema on My Penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Treatments: Eczema on My Penis

A couple of years ago I began seeing fairly large red spots on the tip of my penis. I was assured it was not an STD by a nurse practitioner. Tried a combination of anti fungal and antibacterial creams that did not work. She finally came upon the idea that it could be eczema, prescribed Triamcinolone and it was gone within a few days.

Occasionally I will get red or dry spots and only on the tip and shaft of my penis. If a woman were to see or fee it she would assume it is an STD. Are there any specific things such as a laundry detergent that could be causing it? Any treatments aside from Triamcinolone?
Don't use Triamcinolone anymore if you can help it as overuse can cause real problems.  We read about it here all the time because it can thin the skin.  

I would try Psoriaflora cream or clear 100% aloe vera.  
It can be due to eczema. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist. Symptoms  can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.