Dermatology Expert Forum
Trying to determine if single bump near genitals is genital wart

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Recently I spotted a single bump near my genitals in the pubic area and am trying to determine if it is a genital wart.  I'm not sure how long it has been there.  Naturally I tried to pop it although it didn't seem to look like a pimple.  Clear fluid and very little blood came out and the bump decreased in size significantly but not all the way to nothing.  About two to three hours later I checked it again and the bump increased to its original size.  What could this be?  I went to a Doctor who thinks it is a genital wart.  My understanding is you can't pop a genital wart and since I could reduce the size of the bump does this rule it out?  Thank you for your time.
Of course I can't say for sure without seeing it, but the description and location both point against it's being a wart.  It may well be a blocked follicle, much more common in this area.  My advice is to leave it alone and to consult a doctor who is more secure in diagnosing genital warts, and who can treat it as well if it is.  

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Doctor,
   When I tried popping the bump it did require some force and the clear fluid seemed to extract from the sides of the bump and not from the top (as a pimple normally would).
I have had this small bump on the inside of my thigh for a while now. It gets slightly irratated because my underwear band will rub against it. It is sensitive to the touch and it is soft. They have always just been pink. I havent thought much about them until I started having sex with my boyfriend. Now I have noticed they have duplicated. I now have 2 and they are both on the same side. The other side doesnt have anything on them. Should I be concerned that I might be giving my boyfriend genital warts?