Two dark lines on neck

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Two dark lines on neck

About a year ago, two dark lines on the front of my neck appeared out of nowhere.  Since then, I've seen a doctor who prescribed hydrocortisone and an anti-fungal cream. Neither seemed to work.

The doctor seemed unsure of what was going on but thought that the lines might be due to the fact that there were folds of skin on my neck rubbing up against another for long periods of time. But given that neither cream worked, I'm a little skeptical. Any other ideas?
From your symptoms acanthosis noigricans needs to be ruled out. It is of various types but obesity induced acanthosis nigricans is common for dark lines around neck and armpits. It presents as symmetrical, hyperpigmented, velvety plaques mostly in the folds of skin. It is not itchy and is characterized by hyperpigmentation. My sincere advice is to consult a dermatologist. Biopsy skin may be done to confirm the diagnosis.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.