Two red bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Two red bumps

On Saturday night I noticed a small red bump on my penile shaft. Sunday morning I noticed another one developing. The first bump is in the middle of the shaft on top and the second is more towards the tip. They are no larger than half a grain of rice and about 1/2 an inch apart. The second bump is slightly off to the left. They do not itch, burn, hurt or anything. They do not have scabs and as far as I can tell there is nothing inside of them. After two days there has been little to no change. I have tried to leave them alone as much as possible but it has been an exercise in self control!!
I went to the doctor yesterday (Monday) and after a physical examination my doctor told me that they did not look like herpes, genital warts, or any stds for that matter. He said it could range from anything to dry skin, to bug bites, to mild irritation. Although I was relieved I wished he had been more precise with his diagnosis. He told me to give it a few days and see if they go away on their own.
I was wondering if anyone on this forum might have an idea of what they are, has had a similar issue, and how I might speed up the healing process. Also, would anyone reccomend a course of action other than the wait and see approach. maybe get another opinion or to apply some generic medical ointments? Thank you!
If you masturbate, use a lubricant to avoid chaffing and tearing the skin on the head and shaft of the penis. If you did see a Dr. and he thinks it's just a rash, then get a tube of Triple Antibiotic Ointment. Apply,(gently massage into affected area), several times a day till the rash is gone. This will help keep from getting any bacteria in the wound and keep the scab as well as the surrounding tissue soft and will help speed healing. Don't panic..... Under the best of conditions, it takes several or more days for even a minor scrape to completely heal.  I personally would abstain from sex with others till I had a syphilis test in a few weeks. If the test is positive.....Please tell your sex partners! They have a right to medical treatment as well.
  Best of life to you
To address the above post...no its not from masturbation, there are no scabs, and its definitley not a rash. I appreciate the reaponse nonetheless! The bumps have remained largely unchanged since I first noticed them. The only difference is that if I stretch the skin it looks white where the bump is. Maybe something is in them? And just more of a clarification, the bumps are maybe the size of a pin head and the redness around them is a little larger. Today (Wednesday) I went to see a dermatologist. He said it was too early to definitively say what they are. He said that it does not look like herpes, genital warts, folliculitis, irritated fordyce spots, syphillis (syphilis) chancre, or molliscullum just like my general physician. He said he would classify them as bites of some insect. He said if they were anywhere else on my body he would say flea bites. He did note that it is an odd place and it is odd that I have no similar bumps anywhere else on my body and its only two on my shaft. He gave me a prescription steroid cream and said I can use that to see if it helps. If there was any change in the next week he wanted to see me again and if they come back in a few months to come in right away. At this point I'm at a total loss for what it might be! If anyone has any idea please let me know!! Thank you!!