Ulcers/Sores on Nose

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Ulcers/Sores on Nose

Recently I got two symmetrical ulcers or sores on either side of the bridge of my nose.  They hurt if I put alcohol on them, and bubble slightly with hydrogen peroxide.  When I wash my face, the scrubbing of the cloth causes them to bleed.  I rarely get acne, and these don't seem like acne.  I've been taking a lot of ibuprofen lately, and I've been taking high amounts of Vitamin A for sometime.  I also use benzoil peroxide to wash my face.  I just don't know what these could be.
Ulcers on the face are very uncommon and if you are finding ulcers on nose, then it is important to get it biopsied so that the possibility of any malignancy is ruled out. A rare cause of nose ulcers is trigeminal trophic syndrome and for this is suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.