Unbearably Itchy Legs
I am a 27 year old female and ever since I can remember I have had a problem with my legs itching unbearably. It is sometimes so bad that I just want to cry, and when I was younger I did cry. It is the worst after I shave my legs, but it also happens after a shower without shaving, sometimes when I go out in the sun, sometimes when the air is cold/cool (including air conditioning), sometimes after I go swimming in a pool or the ocean. It seemed to go away for a long period of time, but then it started again. It is sporadic and I cannot figure out the cause. I have tried changing laundry detergent, soap/body wash, lotion, shaving gels/creams, razors, and nothing helps. I have also tried anti-itch creams lotions and powders. The only thing that does seem to help when cold air or a shower bring on the itch is wrapping my legs up in a blanket and about 15 mins or so later it will finally stop. I don't get any kind of visible bumps or rash with it, just horribly torturous itching. Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution?
It can be due to neurodermatitis. Neurodermatitis develops when nerve endings in the skin become irritated, triggering a severe itch-scratch-itch cycle. Common causes of nerve irritation include an insect bite and emotional stress. I suggest you to get an examination done from a dermatologist of the symptoms persist.  The other possibility which needs to be ruled out is of parasthesia skin.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.