Uncontrollable itching
I used to have problems with my feet itching, one or maybe both, all of a sudden...most of the time, just as I would settle for bed. Then it started happening randomly. The only thing that would stop it , was running almost scalding hot water over my feet.   The issue now, is that it's hardly ever my feet, but other parts of my body, and appears to be moving up.  For a while it was maybe one leg or both, back of leg(s), butt cheek, insides of thighs. Now, it is never my feet, and has moved up to where it may be a spot on my back , or my shoulder, my sides,  back of my arms, my breast, and it still may be on my legs. ( Right now, as I type, it's my back, on the right side, right where my arm connects to my back, and my left forearm, right below the bend )   It's still random, but mostly at night.  No amount of scratching eases it. After I shower, I run really hot water over my legs and  sometimes after I get in bed, it starts back, and I have to get up and soak in the hottest water I can stand.  There is no rash, until I scratch enough to cause small welps or sometimes I notice a small patch of tiny bumps after I've scaratched  for a while ( that's what I have at this time). The itching feels like there is something crawling inside my skin, is the only way I know to explain it.   I have often wondered if the same virus that causes the nail fungus, can cause this, and eventually travel throughout the body.  I need some kind of idea so I will even know what to ask my Dr to check for.  AS I have sat here typing the spot on my shoulder blade has now moved down my right side and extended to the middle of my back.   I could see where this could drive a person crazy.

Going by your symptoms,the possibility of scabies is high.It is an infestation of the skin with the Sarcoptes scabiei mite. It is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

.Diagnosis can be confirmed only after clinical examination.I feel that a dermatologist would be the best person to evaluate that.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I appreciate your comment. There is only one problem with it. I do not have any  insect type lesions or bites. When I have the itching on my sides, the back of my thighs or the inside of my thighs, it will sort of break out in small welps or a slight rash, but goes away withing about 5 to 10 minutes.  Until I scratch, there is no rash or anything.  So, could this still be it?